Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Where to find high waisted pants for under $75

Retro Spectator

Practically Family
The waist is lower than I would like, and I was wondering if there were any pants out there with a higher waist. The Dockers, with them pulled up as much as possible, wind up about an inch below my belly button. So I was wondering if there were any other pants out there with a higher waist, at, or above the navel.

Another option I just thought of would be to make them myself, or have a tailor make them. But I have no idea how much a tailor would cost.

So I am thinking of getting one of the pairs of Wrangler's pants. How high is the waist compared to Dockers D4? I have read that the Wrangler Riata's rise is 13.5, while the Wrangler Timber Creek's rise is 13. The Dockers rise is 12, but I am unsure if that is correct, because interestingly, when I measured my Dockers rise, it came out to about 10'', not 12. Either way, people in the Wrangler Riata comments say that they have a high waist, and I have seen some people on other websites say the same. However, I am unsure if the Wrangler Riata has relaxed fit legs. I am looking for relaxed fit, but I am sure the Wrangler Timber Creek is relaxed fit, but it has a .5'' lower waist.

Which pair of Wranglers should I get? I am looking for a 1940's/early 1950's look, so I assume the Timber Creek is better. However, it has a .5'' lower waist, so I need some others' opinions on this.

Last edited:

resortes805

Call Me a Cab
Don't you have some of repro batch left, Resortes? They certainly look the part.

I do, but the OP is committed to finding cotton trousers, no wool, no synthetics.

Are Ben Davis pants or jeans? If they are jeans, I don't think I would be very interested in them, as I am not interested in wearing jeans.

Ben Davis are made with a heavy weight twill. They are comparable to Dickies but with a heavier weight fabric and a straight cut through the legs. If you like the classic cut of Dickies, you may like Ben Davis.

Another option I just thought of would be to make them myself, or have a tailor make them. But I have no idea how much a tailor would cost.

A tailor will charge about the same as a pair of the high end vintage repro's from Europe or Japan mentioned by other TFL members.

Which pair of Wranglers should I get? I am looking for a 1940's/early 1950's look, so I assume the Timber Creek is better. However, it has a .5'' lower waist, so I need some others' opinions on this.

The Riata have a cowboy cut, so if you want a classic post war look, you might not want to go with these. Of course, a western cut was around during those years, but those slacks were usually made in heavy woollens. The Timber Creek might be your best choice, but they just look like regular khakis to me. You might want to spruce them up with a '40s or '50s gab shirt, or some white bucks!

Retro Spectator

Practically Family
Ok, I think I am going to get the Wrangler Timber Creek. When they come, I will post some pictures of them, and describe the waist height.

Another option I thought of would be to purchase Big and Tall pants and get the legs tailored. I am unsure if that would work though.

I have a question concerning, the rise of the Timber Creeks. The two places I saw it saying the rise was 13'' was a big and tall size 42W 30L, and a size 38 shorts version. I wear a size 31W 32L, so I don't know if the rise would also be 13''. I measured my natural waist, and it was 35''. Is 35 my pants size? If so, how come I wear size 31W? It's not like I don't pull my pants up all the way, or they are tight. They fit fine.

Last edited:

Boinciel

New in Town
Pants have the rise increase along with waist size. This is not at all to do with how high the pants sit up on the body, but has to do with how the distance between the front and back of the waistband increases with girth. A 13" rise on 42W pants is a standard modern low-rise pant. A 13" rise on 31" waist, depending on the cut of the trouser and placement of the inseam, is generally at or above your navel. I have a 30" waist, but the pants I have that can actually be belted at the height of that waist have a 14" front rise.

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
Have you looked at Luxire? They will do pretty much any style you want and their cheapest cotton trousers are priced at $69.99.

Retro Spectator

Practically Family
Unfortunately, it seems that the Luxire pants that are $69.99 have stripes on them. I was kind of hoping I could find solid colored pants.

I measured the rise of my pants again, and it came to 11''. I measured my pajama pants rise and they were 12''. I find that kind of odd. The pajamas sit at my navel. Would the Wrangler pants be closer to my Dockers, or my pajama pants height wise?

A thing I noticed in the video on the Wrangler Timber Creek page was that it said that the pants sat at the natural waist. Isn't the natural waist at, or above the navel?

Last edited:

Retro Spectator

Practically Family
Then it would cost more then $75. If it was possible, I would most likely prefer to spend under $50, but it unfortunately appears that isn't the case with Luxire.

Rudie

Call Me a Cab
What do you expect? Made to measure for Walmart prices? At your price point you have to compromise. Either you go vintage (and you might get a real bargain and find Savile Row or Oxxford quality for a song) or you'll have to save up some money to get what you want. You won't get what you are after if you don't have the money to pay for it and are unwilling to compromise. Period.

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
Unfortunately, it seems that the Luxire pants that are $69.99 have stripes on them. I was kind of hoping I could find solid colored pants.

When I posted earlier today they did have a plain cotton chino at that price, but it isn't there now! Try contacting them anyway. They might have other fabrics they can do at that price. It can't do any harm to ask.

Flat Foot Floey

My Mail is Forwarded Here
What do you expect? Made to measure for Walmart prices? At your price point you have to compromise. Either you go vintage (and you might get a real bargain and find Savile Row or Oxxford quality for a song) or you'll have to save up some money to get what you want. You won't get what you are after if you don't have the money to pay for it and are unwilling to compromise. Period.

Agreed. Sorry, I am cool with helping people who have a budget. I also appreciate the high rise. But no vintage, no wool or blends, not willing to pay five bucks more for MTM... Just buy some modern boring pants at the mall and
deal-with-it.jpg

Retro Spectator

Practically Family
I found out that the Timber Creek has the same rise as the Dockers. I have decided not to get them. Before I decide to pay over $50, or get vintage, I will look around a bit.

Retro Spectator

Practically Family
It is indeed, but my mother would complain about the price, and I would be unable to make an online purchase without her. I couldn't possibly ask my father, as he is a major cheapskate.

Maybe I should get the Aris Allen pants. However, I don't know if they have pockets or a fly.

jdbenson

One of the Regulars
You're never going to know what you like or what works without trying them on.

I suggest Joseph A Bank. They have their Travelor Pleated Khaki's on sale now for $60 (over 50% off). They are resonable high waisted and the stores are everywhere: go in and try a pair on.

Jezebel_Amazon

One of the Regulars
Well... if your budget was $75 x 2, I could recommend These guys ..... from what I remember they were a long lasting decent quality repro pant. :cool: I'll leave this here incase any other fellas are interested.

Last edited:

nihil

One of the Regulars
Now I am intrigued!
When do you think your trousers will be available for purchase? I might be interested in purchasing a pair.

1-2 months. I'm working on quite a lot of products, that I'm certain is going to have a lot of interest :)
And don't worry about missing the release date. I promised to buy advertisement space here on FL.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot