Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Where to get Typewriter parts?

Quetzal

One of the Regulars
Hello everyone,

I know that this isn't the place to ask a non-sartorial question (feel free to move this thread), but I need typewriter help as soon as possible. I also know that many members own and use typewriters; I am a novice, and only know what I know from tinkering and trying to fix the one I have.

Here's the juice:

Recently, I purchased a Royal Arrow Typewriter, which, after some research, appears to have been made in 1940 (round "SHIFT FREEDOM" keys) and is a portable model (I'm still after the box; it may be at the Goodwill) that I purchased along with a 1923 Kodascope Model C Projector (both were apparently returned; the Projector just needs a new bulb, but is missing its cable). The Royal's carriage will not advance, and from I can see (it took a while to find the cause), one of the Escapement's Pawls is badly chipped (the one that holds the starwheel when there is no typing going on), resulting the carriage sliding to the left. My question is: where can I find a new escapement for this Royal Arrow, and how do I remove and replace that component? If there is another place outside of this forum that would provide better assistance, please, I am all ears.

Thanks everyone,

-Quetzal

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy