Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Which Aero Jacket looks best in Black ? - Need Opinions / Suggestions

jpk_NJ

One Too Many
Think I'm leaning towards a 50's halfbelt or Pioneer. Either regular black FQHH or Tumbled black, not positive yet. Im guessing the Tumbled FQHH would drape better considering its a tad softer and wouldn't get the large crease lines like regular FQHH. Probably black drill lining...NorthEast here and really only want it as a midweight jacket. Already have an insulated winter coat. Also thinking regular cuffs (no storm elastic) or button cuffs. Would the 50's HB fit the same as the Pioneer in a given size? Feel free to critique my ideas so far. Really appreciate the opinions.

Dude59

New in Town
NEVER EVER ask for permission....sneak into rotation & only if noticed & questioned do you consider asking for forgiveness...I always say, "at least it is not another motorcycle or gun!"....
The problem for me is that my wife loves to shoot guns and ride motorcycles(not at the same time), but she doesn't understand the desire for nice leather jackets. Although I can't totally fault her, she was nice enough to buy me my first Aero.

jpk_NJ

One Too Many
I know this post has now turned into deceiving / begging the wife but I'm still looking for opinions on my jacket specs posted above ;) ha

Dude59

New in Town
Sorry to have responded but not added an opinion. To me the Highwayman or one of the motorcycle jackets would look great in black. For whatever reason and as wrong as I may be about it, I always think of casual wear jackets in brown, and motorcycle jackets more traditionally black. Not saying it is that way, just in my mind. Also possible a 30's or 50's halfbelt. Just my two cents.

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Highwayman if you want a boxy fitting motorcycle (sort of) jacket, either with regular cuffs (W/O storms cuffs) or zip sleeves, 50's Half Belt for a fuller fit, 30's Half belt for a slimmer fit, or Pioneer (half belt) for an in between fit. Any of the above with cotton drill lining. Probably go with black GQHH over vintage/tumbled. How's that? :D

Xenophon

One of the Regulars
Think I'm leaning towards a 50's halfbelt or Pioneer. Either regular black FQHH or Tumbled black, not positive yet. Im guessing the Tumbled FQHH would drape better considering its a tad softer and wouldn't get the large crease lines like regular FQHH. Probably black drill lining...NorthEast here and really only want it as a midweight jacket. Already have an insulated winter coat. Also thinking regular cuffs (no storm elastic) or button cuffs. Would the 50's HB fit the same as the Pioneer in a given size? Feel free to critique my ideas so far. Really appreciate the opinions.

I'm just saying the following going by the style looks on Aero's site but imho the '50s HB will be roomier/have a less tailored cut than the Pioneer, which is a '40s jacket. The pioneer also looks a bit cleaner due to the absence of the -useless- slanted breast pocket. But it's a question of taste and you'd better contact Aero to get the numbers and be sure. And I wouldn't do a black lining on black leather, think it's a bit too much.

apap

New in Town
Aero cafe racer. I just ordered the Sonoma cafe racer from Insurrection/Thurston Bros. in black steerhide with a corduroy lining. Anxiously awaiting for August/September delivery.

smoz

One of the Regulars
Eric, I have the means but also have a wife who rolls her eyes and looks up every time a large box from Scotland arrives. :D

My wife also rolls her eyes when a large box arrives from Scotland. In addition to having bought a couple of jackets from Aero I also have shares in a craft brewery based just outside of Aberdeen, some of the boxes from Scotland smell of leather, the others make clinking noises.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot