Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Which Aero Jacket looks best in Black ? - Need Opinions / Suggestions

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Pics of my Teamster but in brown FQHH with 28" back vs. 26.5" HWM.

null.jpg

null-1.jpg

null-2.jpg

Windward

Practically Family
Here's mine: BLACK VINTAGE WINDWARD . . . over 6 years old / has 6 pockets and heavy as hell . . . man thats a keeper!!

Last edited:

wdw

One Too Many
Windward, both look good, so impossible to choose. It just depends on your mood on the day.

I'm soonish about to get my second Stockman, as I just like it and fancy a different colour for my mood swings.

As for the Teamster, Fanch's looks great, but I'm not sure what the difference is between a Teamster and a Maxwell other than a chest pocket and a tiny bit on the length. Maybe there's something about the back.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Both v nice, but I prefer the brown. It's just a touch softer and a bit more flexible. As far as best Aero in black. Well, the HMN's a no-brainer, but I also really like the Pioneer in black and the Cossack looks damn good as well. I suggest ordering all three... :D

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Windward, both look good, so impossible to choose. It just depends on your mood on the day.

I'm soonish about to get my second Stockman, as I just like it and fancy a different colour for my mood swings.

As for the Teamster, Fanch's looks great, but I'm not sure what the difference is between a Teamster and a Maxwell other than a chest pocket and a tiny bit on the length. Maybe there's something about the back.

Eric, I think the Maxwell is more of a waist level jacket, whereas the Teamster is designed to fit closer to the hips. If I were to order a Maxwell, I would order without the chest pocket, which IMO gives a cleaner look.

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Both v nice, but I prefer the brown. It's just a touch softer and a bit more flexible. As far as best Aero in black. Well, the HMN's a no-brainer, but I also really like the Pioneer in black and the Cossack looks damn good as well. I suggest ordering all three... :D

Craig, my experience is the same as your's regarding brown being a touch softer and a bit more flexible. I would also agree with your assessment of the Pioneer and Cossack too as both provide understated, clean elegance.

wdw

One Too Many
That's why the good Lord made colours and gave us freedom of choice.

All we need now is the means...

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Fanch - this dark chocolate brown is sooo beautiful - its exactly whats on my wishlist . . .

Windward, it's not quite dark chocolate brown but has slight a reddish tint and is one of the most beautiful hides I have laid eyes on. It feels good to the touch as well. I think the general consensus is the brown FQHH is Aero's best looking hide, hands down. :thumb:

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
That's why the good Lord made colours and gave us freedom of choice.

All we need now is the means...

Eric, I have the means but also have a wife who rolls her eyes and looks up every time a large box from Scotland arrives. :D

wdw

One Too Many
Fanch, all this talk of brown has got me thinking. I'm not a brown person, but I think I'll need to take advantage of an upcoming visit and have a good look at it.

As for your wife, just get Aero to mark the box as containing shortbread and haggis and tell her you're collecting for Burn's Night in celebration of your Scottish ancestry. Then hide it in your garage and tell her a few days later that you were burglarized and the stash is gone, but they left an old leather jacket behind in their rush to escape. Simple!

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Eric, I have the means but also have a wife who rolls her eyes and looks up every time a large box from Scotland arrives. :D

If there's one thing that unites almost every person on this board, it's sound of tutting and sighing as we unveil our latest purchase!:D

There are some wonderful artisanal cheeses from Scotland.
They might even mask the smell of Horsehide coming from the package... At least long enough to get it into the garage without raising suspicion.

simonc

Practically Family
My Hercules in black is pretty damn badass, now with black 3/4 inch sheepskin lining (I just tried it on my God what have I done?)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR