Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Which Presidents Wore Hats>?

SHOWSOMECLASS

A-List Customer
The reason hats have died was not because of the President or National Leaders but the counter culture of the 60's-70's. Show me a hippy/ protester w/ a fedora or eight panel cap during this era.
My dad who is now in his early seventies grew up during the 1950's. Elvis, Chuck Berry, and Buddy Holly. The rockers only wore them for formal pictures.
Look at boxers from the era, based on where they came from they should be wearing 8 panel hats.
Actually hairstyles became your identity from the 1950's moving forward.
If you have a killer flat-top boogie or a flip with fenders or what ever else they called it locally. You mess up the perfect hair style with a cap/hat.
Like Vinny in Saturday Night fever, guys were spending much more time to get the perfect looks of their idols. The hair creams of the the time and wool hats were a bad combination.
Now the 60's arrive whats going to go?
Dads fedora and the status quo or no hat and low maintenance hair and no hat?

jskeen

One of the Regulars
Pres. Clinton at the GLAAD Awards over the weekend:
bill-fedora.jpg

I gotta say, I don't think that particular lid does much for Bubba's face shape nowdays though. The taper and stingy brim just make his chin look pointy, IMHO.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner