Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Which repro A2s do you currently own?

bentusian

One of the Regulars
PADDY said:
I do like that Real McCoys!! Great looking boots too. Overall, you present a great image!

Thanks for the kind words. :) The boots are Redwing's Iron Ranger and the chino trousers from GAP, FYI.

regius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
is it true that a goodwear order will take one full year to make??? i think this could be true, because of john's one man production team. man, you guys have patience!!!

Corky

Practically Family
I have a Gibson & Barnes Type A-2 Mark 41.

50.jpg

I appreciate that the Gibson & Barnes A-2 differs a bit from strict historical accuracy and is more of a modern, fuller cut. As I am a few pounds heavier that I was during the wayward days of my youth, I appreciate the fuller cut. The G & B factory showroom is located nearby in Southern California and the ability to try on a jacket prior to purchase was a big factor in my decision.

I also own a pair of ANJ-3's, one from G & B and the other from The San Diego Leather Jacket Factory.

rocketeer

Call Me a Cab
A John Chapman masterpiece...Goodwear Perry russet goatskin W535 contract in a 46...

DSCF5614_zps113c187d.jpg

Great photo, get it done in black n white, play with some photo sites so it looks aged and it would look like a wartime pic.

Only A2 I own at the moment is this very old Eastman standard A2. A bit baggy and off the shoulder(as they were in the 1980s), size 44 would probably fit someone about 6' 4" built like a brick sh*thouse better than me but the arm length is ok for someone at 5'10"

EASTY.jpg

Johnny Tee

Edward

Bartender
Hmmn.... I entered a reply to this thread earlier today, but it has disappeared (I'm sure due to a software glitch or my own ineptitude, I'm not suggesting I was censored ;) ). Anyhoo.... Since this thread last popped up, I picked up an Aero A2. Had it a couple of years now. A nice used find on the Bay. Appeared to be hardly used at all - knits are great (my ELC's knits, although more accurate, are also sadly stretched), and the usual Aero goat lovely. It's a goatskin model they used to have on the website but I don't see any more. Labelled as one of the 42 contracts, though if memory serves that's either a made up number or one just applied to a house jacket. Seal colour, with a 77th fighter squadron painted leather patch and red silk factory lining. OD thread. Lovely jacket. Not as accurate as the very top end repros, I know, but for my purposes (as a utilitarian garment with a certain style) I like it. It gets a lot of wear casually and in and out of the office in the March to May/June end of the year. Hopefully another damp and cool Summer on the way - even wore it in August last year. Bliss!

Brettafett

One Too Many
I would like to have a GW too, but it's just another A-2 I haven't picked up yet. I can't decide which one of my repro A-2s are my favorites; one of my 2 Seftons, my recently acquired Aero, or my ELC 'warhorse' hide. I currently own3 ELCs, 3 Aeros, and 2 Real McCoys A-2s, I also have 20 to 30 other orphan A-2s, which include many Avirex/ Coopers [huh], one of the Avirex jackets happens to be one of my favorite, 'don't care if it gets beat up' wearers. I like'm all...each has it's own personality.

Jacketcollection-1.jpg

Aero- well broken in by the previous owner :eusa_clap
Aero_04.jpg

Eastman 50 Cal. - well broken in by previous owner ;)
ELC50cal_02.jpg

Hi there, which Aero contract is that? And is that Russet Jerky?

rocketeer

Call Me a Cab
Hopefully another damp and cool Summer on the way - even wore it in August last year. Bliss!
Hell and damnation on you my man!
The summer was made for motorcycles:D FAST bikes and even faster women, my bike spent too much time in the garage last year. And the wife? Too much time in the kitchen;)
Johnny

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn