Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

'Whipped' by Our Wives?

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
Story said:

I think if it was tried, the absurdity of it would result in one of following scenarios :

It would create a black hole.

The wrath of the woman scorned would implode and suck everything but herself and the shoes in.

The poor man would be forced to spontaniously combust.

Now my collection is only around 80+.

EDIT : on a more serios note. When a partner doesn't stand up for themselves/takes the 'whipping'/doesn't tell the partner to butt out of what he has spend money on, the whip-er will never get an equal challenge (not correct word, but my internal translator is broken) and will just become a 'mother'. Again, I think becoming a whip-ee is a choice you make out of your actions (wether you want to admit it or not) and a way to be taken cared off, by having their actions either approved or even guided.

Viola

Call Me a Cab
My fiance once made fun of me for bringing FOUR can you believe it FOUR pairs of shoes on a two month trip. Four. How could ANYONE need 4(!) pairs of shoes when he didn't even OWN 4 pairs of shoes.

I'm keeping him anyway. lol

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
Viola said:
My fiance once made fun of me for bringing FOUR can you believe it FOUR pairs of shoes on a two month trip. Four. How could ANYONE need 4(!) pairs of shoes when he didn't even OWN 4 pairs of shoes.

I'm keeping him anyway. lol

I am bringing 4 pairs for a 5 day trip.. :eek:

Viola

Call Me a Cab
Heh, I'm going to take that as a measure of support, I thought I was keeping my weakness for shoes pretty well in check! :)

Clearly I need MORE shoes so he has a greater appreciation for when I scale back. lol

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
Viola said:
Heh, I'm going to take that as a measure of support, I thought I was keeping my weakness for shoes pretty well in check! :)

Clearly I need MORE shoes so he has a greater appreciation for when I scale back. lol

It's all in the presentation my dear, my ex came to love Louboutins :D

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
alden405 said:
i have never been whipped by my missus

i have suggested it a couple of time but she didnt go for it

oh well

Take her to Agent Provocateur, they have a beautiful whip with tiny pink crystals all over the handle.. It's a gorgeus whip for ladies.

alden405

A-List Customer
we are big fans of AP fans from way back,missus is pregnant so its no funny stuff for a while

ho hum

at least i got a laugh

Darhling said:
Take her to Agent Provocateur, they have a beautiful whip with tiny pink crystals all over the handle.. It's a gorgeus whip for ladies.

alden405

A-List Customer
your avatar speaks volumes

see how quickly a topic can be hijacked!

Agent Provocateur and Louboutin shoes are bread and water to my partner

Marc Chevalier said:
That "funny stuff" can lead to pregnancy. lol

DBLIII

One of the Regulars
I don't know (to answer the original question). I don't pay enough attention to know whether my bride (wife #3) would scream about things I buy. Most of what I buy she never sees anyway, meaning it's just another book or another part for something in the shop. But, she does appreciate me letting her know that a box of [pick whatever it is] will be delivered on X date. And, that seems reasonable. She's kind of startled by the big brown UPS truck showing up and she has no idea what is being delivered. For example, earlier this week it was 24 potted pine trees.
Large dollar items we always discuss. She is much more practical than I am so I value that input. Several years ago, I was looking at a used Lotus Elise. She thought it looked great, but she said "how am I supposed to get down on the ground to get inside it?" A reasonable question, so that idea was dropped before we even discussed the actual money needed. I, too, didn't want to sit on the ground and crawl into a car.
After I had been married to my first wife for about six months, I mentioned to her that I was going to start saving money for a Harley-Davidson. She said absolutely not, I would not own a Harley and be married to her. This was in 1980, when Harleys were not in favor with much of the US population unless you happened to be dirty and have tattoos (I fit the tattoo part, but that came later).
Three weeks after she said that to me, we split up and got divorced. In 1981, I bought my first Harley-Davidson, brand new. Obviously, I had not spent enough time learning about wife #1 to know about her aversion to the big bikes. Wife #2 never seemed to care what I did, yet another error on my part as I didn't learn that she didn't care about me either. But, at least I didn't ever get whipped!

Edward

Bartender
Darhling said:
Now my collection is only around 80+.

Impressive. I have only about, I think, thirty pairs or so, though that's probably not bad for a manchild.

Viola said:
My fiance once made fun of me for bringing FOUR can you believe it FOUR pairs of shoes on a two month trip. Four. How could ANYONE need 4(!) pairs of shoes when he didn't even OWN 4 pairs of shoes

Jinkies, how does he cope? I take three pairs of shoes with me for a weekend. At least three pairs!

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
we go to the same vintage dealers, makes it easy...

Our number one vintage style gurus for myself, my husband and our two children are a husband and wife team. We now primarily go up to their house and work with them directly, not at a show. We've been very blessed and fortunate to be able to have put ourselves into their capable and knowledgeable hands.

I call her "Miz Jula", she recognizes and knows the look I'm trying to achieve, and my shape- she pulls things for me to consider in my size, and doesn't waste my time with things she knows I'm not going to be interested in. Ditto for our young teen daughter who is a completely different style and shape than my own. Our Fred Astaire wannabe son has found some wonderful pieces from them as well.

At the recent Vintage Fashion Expo I had Jula see/approve what I was looking at and she even took me around to some of her fave vendors (besides herself of course - she was there with her DH with only the men's clothing at this show) to find things for me.

Her husband has been into vintage clothes since he was sixteen. Out here in the SF Bay Area the men go to Roberto- the best for mens' vintage clothing and he specializes in authentic WWII uniforms. Watching him pull things out of their vast collection for my DH to try on is always a real treat.

So we don't hide anything vintage bought from each other. DH is right there when the eBay boxes show up with my 40s hats, and when the art deco watches I found for him and our two children came, including the vintage cuff links as a gift for him from a seller in Uruguay. He's enjoying the vintage look and all it entails as much as I am.

Discovering vintage has rapidly become an excellent hobby/interest for us to do as a family, especially with our other interests we already had in ballroom dancing and the love of old movies. Good stuff!

celtic

A-List Customer
I have an odd arrangement. My wife makes more money than I do, and she's better about restraint than I am. I generally let her take care of the finances, otherwise we'd be bankrupt by now. Left to my own accord, I am simply horrendous about saving....everything seems to be completely necessary at the moment. Yes, I DO know I need psychiatric help, thank you.

Oh, and we argue about shoes constantly.

Except it's the opposite of the norm.

Every time I buy a new pair she asks me "Ok, so which pair of shoes are you replacing these with? Which ones are you getting rid of? Why do you need SO many shoes/boots?"

She's the one who hates to go shopping with me because I take way too much time eyeing everything....she's always dragging me out of clothing and shoe stores. And actually I buy or help her buy her vintage clothes..which she loves. Just this past weekend I came home with 2 dress shirts for me; and 3 sport jackets, one skirt suit and a tartan skirt for her from the thrift store...
And whenever she needs something new she takes me to the store to help her find something. She always tells me the compliments she gets when she wears something I picked out for her.

Am I whipped? I really don't give a rat's..

I don't spend too much time worrying about how others peceive me.

I just try to live in a way that makes me happy.

Cheers!

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
celtic said:
Every time I buy a new pair she asks me "Ok, so which pair of shoes are you replacing these with? Which ones are you getting rid of? Why do you need SO many shoes/boots?"

... She's the one who hates to go shopping with me because I take way too much time eyeing everything....she's always dragging me out of clothing and shoe stores.

Are you and I married to identical twins? lol

celtic said:
Am I whipped? I really don't give a rat's..

I, however, have to care ... because the situation could lead to her parting ways with me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn