Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Whippet HAS BEEN SPOKEN FOR

Mr. Lucky

One Too Many
I have a 1940's Whippet, size 7.5, taupe in color, in good shape, that I am willing to trade for an equally vintage Stetson Playboy, Dobbs Cross Country or similar lightweight ONLY.

About the Whippet: Originally a 7 3/8, Gary White helped me stretch it and it's held. Typical dimensions for the period (2.5 brim, correct height crown, etc.)the liner is in good shape and sewn in. The original owner wrote his name on the inside of the liner and I was able to track down a bit of info on the gentleman (a letter he wrote at the age of 80, back in 1960). The binding matches the ribbon and is in good shape. The hat is pretty clean. The ribbon is stained and should be replaced. I left it on because it gave the hat character.

Pictures available upon request. PM me if you got something. It is in FAIR to GOOD shape, so I do not expect top dollar - just a reasonable offer.

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p109/unclewilby/IMG_3025.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff