Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Whippet or Stratoliner Special Edition?

photogravity

One of the Regulars
I'm having a really difficult time with making a decision on a new hat. I've been looking at both the Whippet and the Stratoliner Special Edition, but cannot decide which to get. I like both of them a lot, but for different reasons. With the Whippet, I find the wider bound edge to be appealing while with the Stratoliner SE I like the color combination of ribbon with the somewhat different caribou dye.

Thoughts please.

Whippet
321023-Stetson-Hats-Caribou.jpg

Stratoliner SE
TFSEST1024-Stetson-Hats-Caribou.jpg

photogravity

One of the Regulars
^ I have given serious thought to buying both. If only one hat arrives at a time, it results in less raised eyebrows from my better half.

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
^ I have given serious thought to buying both. If only one hat arrives at a time, it results in less raised eyebrows from my better half.

believe me.... BELIEVE ME ... when I say that I understand.

hat boxes are not easy to hide

every time my wife walks into my office/studio she just shakes her head at the stack of hat boxes and says ... "I swear this these stacks are growing"

I just laugh and continue doing what I was doing :)

it wouldn't be so bad if there weren't also stacks of drums

I have expensive habits

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Why not spend a few bucks more and buy one of the better quality open crown Strats and put your own crease in it, like this Premier Strat, (the Excellent Quality Strat sells for considerably higher)....

Strat_Premier.jpg

Strat_Premier_II.jpg

It's too bad they don't have the other color combos in the higher quality Strats.

And has anybody picked up a Stetsonian yet, in any color? I've been whining about my wait, but I ordered an off color and it's taking a while. However, I'd like to hear from anybody who has purchased one. They really do seem to have classic dimensions.

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
It's too bad they don't have the other color combos in the higher quality Strats.

And has anybody picked up a Stetsonian yet, in any color? I've been whining about my wait, but I ordered an off color and it's taking a while. However, I'd like to hear from anybody who has purchased one. They really do seem to have classic dimensions.
I think I can recall of someone here on the Lounge getting one. They liked it really well, from what I remember.

g.durand

One Too Many

Fruno--A number of folks on the Lounge have Premier Stetsonians. Here is a thread that was started when Hat-co announced the release of the Premier Stratoliner and Stetsonian models. The link is for the first page in the thread showing the receipt of a Stetsonian, and it goes forward from there.

http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?72165-Open-Crown-Stetsons-A-Call-(Plea)-to-Retailers!!/page38

every time my wife walks into my office/studio she just shakes her head at the stack of hat boxes and says ... "I swear this these stacks are growing"

I just laugh and continue doing what I was doing :)

moon--you've passed through the learning curve pretty quickly...:D

Fruno--A number of folks on the Lounge have Premier Stetsonians. Here is a thread that was started when Hat-co announced the release of the Premier Stratoliner and Stetsonian models. The link is for the first page in the thread showing the receipt of a Stetsonian, and it goes forward from there.

http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?72165-Open-Crown-Stetsons-A-Call-(Plea)-to-Retailers!!/page38

Thanks. I've read through that thread, but it's been a while and I'd mostly remembered it as a Strat thread. Given the classic dimensions, it seems more Loungers would have gone for that one. Well, when it does get here, I promise a full report.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats