Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

White Cashmere Overcoat

GangstaBoy02

New in Town
Doe's anyone know if they do make such a thing like a white Cashmere overcoat? I went to a specialty store and they said that they could find one for me custom made. I first saw this in the movie SuperMan Returns. Lex Luthar (by Kevin Spacey) had on this white cashmere overcoat.

jml90

One of the Regulars
GangstaBoy02 said:
Doe's anyone know if they do make such a thing like a white Cashmere overcoat? I went to a specialty store and they said that they could find one for me custom made. I first saw this in the movie SuperMan Returns. Lex Luthar (by Kevin Spacey) had on this white cashmere overcoat.
Are you pimp? If not, don't do it.

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
I dunno about a white overcoat, but I know my eyeballs will pop out and roll away if I have to try and read that blue-on-black very often.

JamesT1

Familiar Face
Start with Camelhair, if you succeed in keeping that spotless for one season's use, then give it a shot, I suppose.

James

GangstaBoy02

New in Town
I found and bought myself an Italian white cashmere overcoat! It looks awesome!! You are probably wondering where I get all this money, don't worry about it lol. ;) Anyway, could you tell me once again how to post a picture on here or change pictures at that? Thanks... :)

jml90

One of the Regulars
GangstaBoy02 said:
I found and bought myself an Italian white cashmere overcoat! It looks awesome!! You are probably wondering where I get all this money, don't worry about it lol. ;) Anyway, could you tell me once again how to post a picture on here or change pictures at that? Thanks... :)
You can lead a horse to water....

jml90

One of the Regulars
[QUOTE="Doc" Devereux]Although some of us find black more practical.[/QUOTE]
Or gray or camel or vicuna or just about anything but white.

Wild Root

Gone Home
I don't know guys, I'm going to side in with Gangstaboy02 on this... I own a 40's DB peaked lapel overcoat... it's belted back, has patch pockets and is cut like a suit coat. The color is an ivory color... it looks so 1930's Hollywood it's not even funny! It's wool but, man, does it come on! It's pretty clean and doesn't really pick up much dirt at all.
When he says white, I'd almost bet it was more of an ivory shade... don't know, I could be wrong.

All in all, light colored overcoats were pretty popular in the 30's... I recall Gene Kelly wearing one in "Singing in the Rain"... looked pretty sharp if you ask me!

If you're going for "Flash factor" a black, gray or brown coat wouldn't do it!

Glad you found one there Gangsta! Love to see it... just go to Imageshack, upload the pic, click the little image icon and drop the url in and hit OK! You'll be posting photos like mad!lol

=WR=

resortes805

Call Me a Cab
reminds me of Eddie Murphy in. . .

838.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot