Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

White Cashmere Overcoat

Feraud

Bartender
I think the color is hard to wear for most occasions. White cashmere is very dressy and not something to wear going to work. I would not wear something like that on a subway, bus, or even a car. It would have to be removed and placed in a secure spot.
It is probably more trouble than its worth for the rare occasion to be used.

Wild Root

Gone Home
It depends on what you do for work... lol I will say a light colored wool coat is easier to care for... cashmere is high maintenance for sure but, in the 30's most of the wool blends had cashmere in them... and it cost more for 100% wool!

Ah, let the guy enjoy his coat, all I've been hearing is negative... Gangsta, enjoy the hell out of that coat! I want to see photos soon!
Best,

=WR=

Wild Root

Gone Home
Yep! I think I made mention of that coat... I would LOVE a coat like that!!! It would go perfect with my 30's ivory long hair finished fedora!!!

So, I see you liked my "What's Happining" picture Marc... lol lol lol

=WR=

Wild Root

Gone Home
Yes, it also spans the decades well into the 40's and 50's I believe. Winter white which is more of an ivory I believe was popular in the 20's, 30's and 40's mostly... I've seen some very nice suits in winter white wool flannel... I have one pair of wool flannel trousers from about 1934-36... they have the "National Recovery Act" tag in them. I love those pants so much! Very soft and comfortable!

=WR=

Lawman

One of the Regulars
There are currently some cream cashmere overcoats on Ebay selling for under $200.00. Cannot vouch for their quality, but can hazard a pretty good guess.

Mark

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot