Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

White tie and tails!

Wild Root

Gone Home
Ok, here are the photos of my tails I made mention of months earlier.

I finaly found a vest that works perfect with this set up! So, I just wanted to try out this whole outfit and I took some photos. They aren't that clear so, I aged them and they look very 30's! Even though the set of tails is really from 1948.

Any way, enjoy!

I'll post some color ones if any one wants me too.

Root.

tophat7ef.jpg

tails4mf.jpg

Wild Root

Gone Home
Well, there is the Sea Side Ball this weekend. It's going to be a night in the 1920's! I was thinking of wearing it to that but I haven't made my mind up yet.

It's always good to have a good set of formal wear! You never know when it may come in handy. I like to wear formals when ever I can so, we'll see what happens.

By the way, I wouldn't wear this to a "Black Tie" event. Black tie is to be worn to a black tie event. White tie is for white tie events which hardly ever happen these days. Well, over here any way.

Root.

PS. BT, Tux you say.... HAHAHAHAHAH Cheers! :cheers1:

The Wolf

Call Me a Cab
It's not only good for white tie occasions but stage magic as well.
If you were Mandrake the Magician however, it would be appropriate to wear everywhere. Just like the fez and leopard skin were the perfect around-town look for Lothar.

The Wolf

Wild Root

Gone Home
Did you tie that tie your self?

I sure did! Wouldn't wear anything but a REAL bowtie with that. :cheers1:

The only magic I know is how to find vintage clothes. :p and the real trick is to find them in my size.

Root.

android

One of the Regulars
In the US, unless you're going to some $5000 per plate political fundraiser or maybe an "Eyes Wide Shut" party, everything is pretty much black tie.

One game brides like to play is to invite black tie and then have the wedding party wear white tie (polyester, rented) so they can be more special.

Vladimir Berkov

One Too Many
You could wear it to an inaugural ball!

Is that the white vest you were looking at at the Pasadena aardvarks? I can't remember if you bought it or not.

Ed Driscoll

New in Town
Wild Root said:
Ok, here are the photos of my tails I made mention of months earlier.

I finaly found a vest that works perfect with this set up! So, I just wanted to try out this whole outfit and I took some photos. They aren't that clear so, I aged them and they look very 30's! Even though the set of tails is really from 1948.

Any way, enjoy!

I'll post some color ones if any one wants me too.

Root.

tophat7ef.jpg

tails4mf.jpg

Interesting photography--how did you get that great '30s look to the photos?

IndianaGuybrush

One of the Regulars
This reminds me, I had meant to post a picture to my little sister's and brother's birthday party back in April. We had it at the Jekyl and Hyde club here in NY and made it a Victorean/Edwardian themed costume party.

victorean-all.jpg

The tails were a set I got on eBay and I think they're from the 30s. The pants that came with them were too tight so i substituted some modern pants I have, but hey, it was a costume. The vest I'm wearing is a black grosgrain vest front that I'm sure is as old as the hills. It has the original bakelite buttons on it. The Topper is an old Knox with a gorgeous beaver felt finish.

shamus

Suspended
On the photograph, I'd loose the door with the modern blinds on it and the electric plug. Pick a window or door with wide base board and try to have something "period" in the background to make it really authentic looking...

The lighting is great. The suit is great too. Are the sleeves from that time short? or are your's needing let out a bit?

Shamus

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot