Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Who’s going to pick up this Himel Bros?

lina

Practically Family
Currently on their “make us an offer page”. Seems interesting enough to call attention to it:

https://himelbros.com/collections/ready-to-wear/products/arrowhead-size-42-horween-horsehide

E30F8873-3985-40FE-A659-1CEA1038670C.jpeg

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
Interesting description. I do like the back

he Arrowhead Pullover is a very special jacket. It's unconventional, with a design that can't be found anywhere else. It's rare, based on an extremely unusual early American motorcycle racing shirt that is possibly unique. It's surprisingly wearable, though not suited to our more straight-laced clients—but the pedigree of the Arrowhead is in one way above all other Himel jackets: the Arrowhead is David Himel's favourite of his own designs. The problem child, the prodigal son, the Arrowhead.

Rich22

Practically Family
Either it's a very short jacket or a very wide one. A strange shape to my eye. I don't like the look of it, but maybe it looks better worn? A leather pullover seems a bad idea.

Rich22

Practically Family
Putting the thing on and taking it off were the main reasons for making me think it is a very bad idea... I can only imagine it would be phenomenally difficult!!

Putting the thing on and taking it off were the main reasons for making me think it is a very bad idea... I can only imagine it would be phenomenally difficult!!
I always consider pullovers as a shirt. But for me personally, this just isn’t the right look for it. Needs 90% more hippie and 90% less hipster. Add 10% either way for a shoulder to shoulder collar. I do like the back though. Has a type I vibe.

Rich22

Practically Family
I always consider pullovers as a shirt. But for me personally, this just isn’t the right look for it. Needs 90% more hippie and 90% less hipster. Add 10% either way for a shoulder to shoulder collar. I do like the back though. Has a type I vibe.
I'll be honest, I don't even like the back! Haha. Plus that buckle is in a stupid place- whenever did you want something like that pressed into your spine every time you sit on a car seat?

I would like a video of someone contorting themselves in an effort to wiggle into this!

By the way, I do agree with the sentiment that such a garment would be better off with a hippy rather than hipster vibe!

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
That would make for a very interesting stretching exercise to get it on or off. Not to my taste or color choice, but it will fit someone I am sure.

He does have a lot of other nice, more "traditional" styles on there - the Size 44 Imperial is really an awesome jacket, but my offer at even 50% of that price would be out of reach for me right now, and it probably would not please Dave very much...

https://himelbros.com/collections/ready-to-wear/products/imperial-size-44-black-shinki-horsehide

Fireflame

One of the Regulars
I’ve seen this jacket worn on a couple people before. It’s still weird looking even when worn. Couldn’t imagine spending the money on a pull over leather jacket that the second I sweat in it, I probably wouldn’t be able to take it off anymore :(

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
Design is too extravagant to be wearable. May work on a fashion show, not in real life.

Leather pullovers only work for me if made with lace front, wide collar and made from rough out hide. And even then I would not pay more than 150 USD for one. Certainly not 3k.

Mich486

One Too Many
It’s very nice to look at but not something I could see myself grabbing before going out in the morning. More like a collection piece.

The guy puts out some of the most original designs gotta give him credit for that.

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
Well i'm going to go against the grain and say that if this was made by anybody other than Himel and cost half as much i would hit BIN.
I have been riding with my Vanson Denver quite a bit this summer and it is amazing, i just wish it had side zips and a zippered collar like the Himel. This arrowhead has everything i would want in a riding shirt other than zippered cuffs
Too bad Himel is on my blacklist...

DXRXe9A.jpg

Fuk0tXt.jpg

Rich22

Practically Family
Well i'm going to go against the grain and say that if this was made by anybody other than Himel and cost half as much i would hit BIN.
I have been riding with my Vanson Denver quite a bit this summer and it is amazing, i just wish it had side zips and a zippered collar like the Himel. This arrowhead has everything i would want in a riding shirt other than zippered cuffs
Too bad Himel is on my blacklist...

DXRXe9A.jpg

Fuk0tXt.jpg
How did you find the process of getting that on and off? Easy to do alone or better with assistance?

Yep, same as @Carlos, I would happily wear the shirt though I've got same reason for not being as interested as I would've been had it been made by another maker but otherwise, it looks like a cool piece. I always love to have an option of wearing something different like this.

As for all the horror scenarios regarding taking the shirt on or, God forbid, off; Guys, please try one on before expressing such concerns.
We've been through the same thing with unlined jackets, which proved to be less troublesome than denim jackets, followed by leather pants that already had a ridiculous reputation of fusing with wearers skin, thanks to the episode of Friends, while in reality the suede back is softer and less clingy than most other material.

Graemsay

Practically Family
The Himel has got zips that run up to the armpit, which should make it easier to pull on that @Carlos840's Vanson.

My favourite is this one by an unknown maker I saw on eBay a while back. I keep on getting tempted to get a replica, but I'd have the bottom cut square and replace the laces with a zip, like on the Cal Leathers version.

Front.jpg

Rich22

Practically Family
The Himel has got zips that run up to the armpit, which should make it easier to pull on that @Carlos840's Vanson.

My favourite is this one by an unknown maker I saw on eBay a while back. I keep on getting tempted to get a replica, but I'd have the bottom cut square and replace the laces with a zip, like on the Cal Leathers version.

View attachment 365950
I thought this was inside out until I looked more closely! Haha

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24