Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Who got the 40's sailor pants?!

Cheesecakecutie

Familiar Face
It wasn't me and i am so glad i didn't see them cos they are my size and my e bay sickness would have really grown.....and my credit card would have been creaking with the strain....they are divine . Anyone got a pattern for some ?????? :p
9f6321a236aeom1.jpg

LolitaHaze

Call Me a Cab
Here is RedHotRidinHood and me in ours. Mine were given to me by a friend and they just happen to fit... Yay! They were originally issued to a Lou G Daniel of the R(?) S Co. 21. Red got hers at an estate sale. :)
P1120378b.jpg

retrogirl1941

One Too Many
the links broken or something....

Miss Brill said:
I would love to find a pattern also b/c down here in florida heavy wool does not fly! I have a pair that fits but there too hot(even in winter!)Old navy has jean versions of it but they dont have it posted on their website. You have to go to the store.

samantha

Miss Brill

One Too Many
LolitaHaze said:
Here is RedHotRidinHood and me in ours. Mine were given to me by a friend and they just happen to fit... Yay! They were originally issued to a Lou G Daniel of the R(?) S Co. 21. Red got hers at an estate sale. :)
P1120378b.jpg

I love those! I saw a pair on a surplus store yesterday, but they were too small for me. Nothing is as flattering as sailor pants, or most any wide-leg pants.

ETA: Here is a site with an assortment, mostly wool:
http://www.vintagetrends.com/military/thumbnails.asp?MC=Military+Vintage&CA=Men&SC=Pants&ST=Sailor

Decobelle

One of the Regulars
You two look great! I got a pair of repro sailor pants from the ebay seller missbombshell last year - I see she still offers them. They're nice - very flattering. She makes them in jeans fabric also.

thebadmamajama

Practically Family
When were you able to get them for 20?! I had to pay full price!

It was about a month ago when Old Navy had their "unadvertised" fall sale. I happened to go in there for some retail therapy break from school, saw the row of white buttons, and was eternally lost. :D

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Lo and RHRH what an adorable pic of the two of you! Love the pants!

Goldwyn, what a great outfit. Love the hair too.

Gotta get me another pair of sailors. The only ones I have are too small right now.
Nikki

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
I have a pair of real sailor pants form the 70's. The inseam is so short though (29). I am wondering if there is a way to lenghen them that wont look so bad. I also have 5 other pairs of sailor inspired pants. I'ts becoming an obsession or something.lol

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
goldwyn girl said:
I picked these up while I was home in Australia in August. Not true sailor pants but I like them just the same.

000_2082_1.jpg
I love those pants. They have a similar pair at Urban outfitters. I find the Lux brand to have a short inseam though.
http://www.urbanoutfitters.com/urban/catalog/productdetail.jsp;jsessionid=1F34B7ACD0AC1E12D47B535800B35B9E.app13-node1?itemdescription=true&itemCount=8&id=14006662&parentid=W_APP_PANTS&sortProperties=+product.marketingPriority,-product.startDate&navCount=2&navAction=poppush&color=20

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot