Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Who is Welcome at The Fedora Lounge?

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
Anyone with a ISP-issued email address who can observe our standards of civility.

Wear vintage 24/7? Welcome!
Wear the occasional odd vintage piece? Welcome!
Wear just a knob of jewelry handed down from a relative? Welcome!
Wear no vintage but just like the style? Welcome!
Wear a hat? Welcome!
Wouldn't be caught dead in a hat? Welcome!
Like to watch old movies? Welcome!
Like to learn about hair, makeup, shaving, sewing techniques, replacing a nasty sweatband, repair of old stuff you have? Welcome!
Want to talk cars? Welcome!
Want to talk motorcycles? Bicycles? Welcome!
Want to mentor others who want to learn? Welcome!
Collector? Welcome!
Hunter? Welcome!
Anti-gun? Welcome!
Reader? Welcome!
Historian? Welcome!
Wear ballcaps? Welcome!
Wear a hoodie/crocks/sweats/wife beater/blah blah? Welcome!
Where do you live? Doesn't matter! Welcome!
How old are you? Doesn't matter! Welcome!
Old Rockabilly? Former Goth looking for something new? Into Steampunk? Zoot Suiter? Head banger? Fifties doowap-er? Lindyhopper? Welcome!
Love to dance? Welcome!
Love 20th century big band? Welcome!
Love 70's disco? Welcome!
Into rap? Welcome!
Want to learn about other cultures? Welcome!
Want scholarly information about the "Golden Era?" WWII? Spanish Civil War? Union Labels? Hats? Gaiters? Safari gear? handkerchief folds? Absinthe? Vest Slips? Opera slippers? Beer? Wine? Cheese? Tea? Coffee? Shaving Cream? Out-of-print patterns? Panel caps? Fedoras? Welcome!
Just want to talk/read/listen? Welcome!
Looking for a source for the {X} you saw in the movie {X} last night on TCM? Welcome!
Smoke? Welcome!
Don't smoke? Welcome! (DON'T CRITICIZE THOSE WHO DO)
Drink Booze? Welcome!
Don't drink? Welcome! (DON'T CRITICIZE THOSE WHO DO)
Want to meet people here in real life? Welcome!
Want to stay hunkered in your bunker? Welcome!
Christian? Jew? Buddhist? Yogic? Atheist? Welcome!
Just want to see photos of people? Welcome!
Just here for the girls/boys/looking for friends? Welcome!
Want to talk politics? Go Someplace Else! :)

In short, we are not definable. There are thousands from all corners of the globe here who talk, don't talk, lurk, read, gab, and they are all unique and may like or not like what you like. All are welcome.

Geesie

Practically Family
I notice that you didn't put (DON'T CRITICIZE THOSE WHO DO) beside "Wear a hoodie/crocks/sweats/wife beater/blah blah?"
;)

Dixon Cannon

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Yeh! I totally agree - 100%! Thank God we live in a country where we as private citizens
can have internet websites, post freely, dialogue with one another and set the rules and
conditions for participation. That's all possible because of the 1st Amendment to the
Constitution of the United States of America. And, I think we can all agree on that! ;)

Edward

Bartender
Dixon Cannon said:
Yeh! I totally agree - 100%! Thank God we live in a country where we as private citizens
can have internet websites, post freely, dialogue with one another and set the rules and
conditions for participation. That's all possible because of the 1st Amendment to the
Constitution of the United States of America. And, I think we can all agree on that! ;)

Plenty of us don't live in the USA.... Our Artile 10 is a little more qualified than your First Amendment, but the principle holds good all the same. ;)

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
Edward said:
Plenty of us don't live in the USA....

What??!!?!?! I'm shocked, shocked I tell you, to find that not everyone here is from the USA! :eek:

(This isn't the first time I've seen someone on a US-based forum forget the wonderfully global nature of the Internet! lol )

Cheers,
Tom

Lokar

A-List Customer
scotrace said:
Anyone with a ISP-issued email address who can observe our standards of civility.

Welcome!

In short, we are not definable. There are thousands from all corners of the globe here who talk, don't talk, lurk, read, gab, and they are all unique and may like or not like what you like. All are welcome.

:eusa_clap

ukali1066

Practically Family
Well....I'm 35 years old...English....muslim convert....into rap...and I certainly don't want to talk politics...

I fit in somewhere at last ;)

The Good

Call Me a Cab
Mysterious Mose said:
Into rap?

I don't listen to rap (well, sometimes my siblings have me listen to Tupac and some other stuff), but to be fair, there are some rap and hip hop artists (and enthusiasts) that do wear trilbies or fedoras, even though they may be of a more modern design or are the stingy variety. The Akubra hat company, which many of us here are fond of, even have a porkpie named the "Rap."

Mysterious Mose

Practically Family
I was just kidding there. I think Mr. Scotrace said it very well. In fact I think (authentic) Rap is a pretty traditional form of modern music. Not like the present day watered down stuff they dare to call C&W and R&B. I just wonder if it's something to discuss on a Golden Era-centered forum. Even Woody Guthrie, Leadbelly and some other 20's and 30's blues stuff ( that's where I feel Rap descends from)is very controversial.
AND for me this place is a means to get away from modernity, I hear enough music I don't like in the real world, everywhere. But that's just me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grateful Fred