Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Who is your style inspiration?

highway66blues

One of the Regulars
Hello,i'm a 1st timer here.
Been lurkin' 'round a whole lota places here until i saw pinesiw's pics-n-post.
I am where he's at (no,not canada)
I'm a history geek (lotsa dif periods but, the oughts,'20's & '30's where i'm at),so my inspi is the history & the photographic history we have of it.
LOVE the pics,pinesiw

Pinesiw

A-List Customer
Ur first post and u mention me, im flattered. Glad to know im sharing an interest. I love the look of the working man in the 20's 30's and its how I try to look everyday. Tho I do enjoy a three piece with fedora, its just that I dress to suit my lifestyle. Lifestyle of working with my hands as a labourer in the city or a trapper in the wild north. Welcome to the lounge highway66blues

Benny Holiday

My Mail is Forwarded Here
As soon as I saw the Glenn Gould photo Metatron posted I thought of you, Baron, and your appreciation of the ability to throw together a casual look free of care that just looks cool.

An art I have yet to master, I think.

highway66blues

One of the Regulars
add photos link

You are welcome,sir.
Yeah,just about the same for me,have been "general laborer" in a production job - 2 dif since in gradu'ed HS
...& on top of it, i've been gettin' lost in '20,'30's & '40's country blues music for the past few years (anothr influence)

...wana post a pic...damn thing won't let me though

maybe this'll do it

https://www.flickr.com/photos/96251424@N02/

I keep it simple,as most folks at my same income level at that time(s) i am sure did.
4 or 5 prs trousers, 5 or 6 lg sleeve work shirts, 5 or 6 short sleeve shirts, my St. Vincent de Paul $1 find (1940's Stetson), a brown LL Bean felt fedora & a gray wool plaid 8 pnl flatcap.
All 3 get worn on a reg. basis no matter WHAT i'm doin' (when appropreate,of course).
1 pr boots,1 pr shoes, .....oh, and my braces (i made 'em ma'self).
My ev'ryday wear,Ev'ryday.

Last edited:

oldbear

New in Town
If I really had a style, it would be a cross between Indiana Jones in his "field" attire and the classic Brooks Brooks "button down" designs.

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
For casual wear, it's Indiana Jones, although I don't go for 'screen-accuracy' - just the vibe.

For a more polished look, Jimmy Stewart, particularly in this one of a series of shots, is my holy grail.

2610lg8.jpg

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
Not sure if I run for dress after any one person or not, but I can say at times I sort of would feel "Jack the Ripper" may come close to it! lol!

However, seriously, I merely dress as well as I can for the day, what ever is appropriate works for me. I do see many items of attire my fellow loungers are wearing, and it sure does at times "spark" an idea or two.

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
For casual wear, it's Indiana Jones, although I don't go for 'screen-accuracy' - just the vibe.

For a more polished look, Jimmy Stewart, particularly in this one of a series of shots, is my holy grail.

2610lg8.jpg

Not sure where one could find it, but some where not so long ago was a photograph of Jimmy Stewart, Clark Gable, and one other male actor from that time period, all dressed out in black tie, standing in a night club together near the bar. They knew how to dress well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elzbthy