Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Who made Jeremy Paxman's leather coat?

robrinay

One Too Many
While watching the BBC documentary Britains's Great War, I started wondering what brand of leather coat the presenter Jeremy Paxman wears in the series - does anyone know?

John Lever

One Too Many
He has had this coat for several years and I asked the same question in a post a very long time ago. It's a period WW1 design waist length jacket with a large collar and two large button flap pockets. I did do a search several years ago without success. It looks like it could be a Chapal type creation,but the leather is too thin for that.
If he is on Twitter perhaps someone could ask him ?

robrinay

One Too Many
Thank's for that John I'll email the BBC and ask and be prepared for a three month wait for a reply, given the volume of mail they recieve.

havocpaul

One of the Regulars
I can just imagine his reply...."I make a serious history programme that took ages to research and write and all they want to know is where I got my jacket!!" Hopefully he's not as surly as he and his reputation makes out. I am enjoying the series and he presents it well.

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Paxman's coat doesn't look entirely dissimilar to the unisex, 3/4 length aviators/drivers coat that Cirrus used to offer up until about 7 years ago.

13-a_zps38b815e0.jpg

MJCR

One of the Regulars
I haven't seen the show, just these two photos, but am I the only person that thinks it looks like a brown wax cotton jacket, not leather?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusa80