Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Who makes a good Car Coat?

chucklehead

A-List Customer
Why when it starts to warm up do I look for fall / winter clothes?
Who makes a good Car Coat?

Pendleton would be the local favorite for me, but I'd like to know what else is out there. Any thoughts?

SPAD

New in Town
Kind of depends on what kind of car are you driving. I use a G-1 in my convertible, really nice with that fur collar turned up if it gets too cool. When the weather is cool the G-1 is great for any of my cars. I have a coupla cotton vests to use in really warm weather. Ciao, SPAD

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
I have a dull brownishblack leather one from Brooks Bros. Very plain cut - buttons, zipper, patch flap pockets, drawstring waist inside a very thin back belt, and heavy rayon lining (a discontinued style, sadly, but you never know what they'll have in the fall). Very versatile in cold, rain, wind, and it's compatible with everything from jeans to suits. I enjoy it a lot - I'm wearing it in my avatar.

rainguy

New in Town
Go to Sierra Trading Post's Web page; they almost always have English Gloveral duffle coats on sale for 50% (or more) off. Heavy wool, hooded, horn toggle buttons. Usually you can get a $500 coat for $200 or so. Size and color choices are, of course, generally limited.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats