Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Who wants a brass bed w/ onyx -- look

TackCollector

Familiar Face
No affiliation. I'm not selling it.

I found this on SearchTempest, and it's identical to the brass bed that I bought secondhand in Alexandria, only this one is in Richmond. It's a rare model. I have only seen 2 like it. It's not one of the major furniture lines, so it's either shop-made or it's limited edition import. Heavy and solid. Engraving on the finials. BB of VA said it's not one of theirs. The beds with stone (marble or onyx) were super expensive back in the day. Only Corsican Swan sells them now, and they are in the $8000 ballpark, shipped. These might have been made in Korea in the '70s or '80s. I see stuff like this turn up in CA and DC, and people usually comment that they brought it back from Korea.

Siderails can be welded up from angle iron.
http://richmond.craigslist.org/fud/3470300256.html
3Eb3Kf3H65Le5Na5Ecccaecb9773a9a5e139d.jpg

3Lc3F63J85N35G85Fbcca8dc77fa781091c44.jpg

It's a big tall headboard. (mine, the seller's photo from when I bought it)
bb3.jpg

Have at it, vintage and antique lovers. :)

Last edited:

kyboots

Practically Family
It is a beautiful bed. I really do like it, but beds have been a real hard sell right now, and even worse after the recession. If I wanted a matching second bed right now, I would not want to pay a great deal, unless I knew for sure it was an American or European antigue. Is it a full double or will it fit a queen?--- John

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24