Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

"Why Won't You Die!?"

Feraud

Bartender
Shearer said:
Ravenous with Guy Pearce and Jeffrey Jones has at least one character who was thought dead. AND a pretty good musical score!
An awesome movie!!

drafttek said:
You beat me to that one. But at least Feraud is mad at you and not me:D
Who me? Mad? Nah.. I was just pulling SinatraStyle's leg. :)

Trampilot

Familiar Face
Feraud said:
Are you kidding me?? I just rented this movie and was planning on watching it!!! The next thing you are going to tell me is the gal from The Crying Game is really a guy.

Same thing happened to me with Usual Suspects. Never seen it. I know then end. Therefore no point.

Trampilot

Familiar Face
happyfilmluvguy said:
how about some more in which a character was thought to be dead, but returns later in the film? They weren't killed after all.

Laura (1944 Otto Preminger)?

I saw a crappy Sci Fi film starring Klaus Kinski called Galaxy of Terror. A female character disappears halfway through the film and then later reappears saying she got lost. Utter rubbish!

carebear

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Trampilot said:
Same thing happened to me with Usual Suspects. Never seen it. I know then end. Therefore no point.

There's a lot of good movie-ing between the beginning and end of that film. The "gotcha" is cool but the film would have been fine without it. Like the fact that "Rosebud" was the sled in Citizen Kane. The movie doesn't hang on the revelation.

Good cast that worked well together, some nice capers and good shootouts.

happyfilmluvguy

Call Me a Cab
How about Romeo and Juilet?

Romeo AND Juliet were supposedly dead from two points in the story, when Romeo is banished from Verona, and when Juilet takes the sleep potion from Friar Lawrence, but both turned out to be alive later, and in the end, die anyways.

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
Feraud said:
Are you kidding me?? I just rented this movie and was planning on watching it!!! The next thing you are going to tell me is the gal from The Crying Game is really a guy.
Just watch it anyways...even though someone in here gave the whole plot away:rolleyes: :) It really is a good movie

Feraud

Bartender
mysterygal said:
Just watch it anyways...even though someone in here gave the whole plot away:rolleyes: :) It really is a good movie
I was just kidding back there and making a joke about movie spoilers. :) I did see it at the theater and liked it.
I admit to not expecting "the twist" at the end.

NRay

New in Town
In Alfred Hitchcock's "The Lady Vanishes" an elderly lady jumps off a train and gets gunned down while trying to flee for her life. Or does she? At the end of the movie, she shows up again, presumably unscathed by the barrage of heavy gunfire.

Shearer

Practically Family
Obvious: Everyone thinks Hooper's dead until he pops up at the end of Jaws.

And of course, there's this little MST3K gem where a character dies in one scene and returns to work in the next... purely unintentional lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran