Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Will jeans be going out of fashion?

Diamondback said:
Quite... what is it with people thinking that underwear is appropriate as outerwear?

There's a whole movement about how you shouldn't judge people, especially by what they would consider narrow minded antiquaited standards. That could make you bad...

The rational is most likely, "If I can wear a bikini at the beach, why should this be wrong?"

Big difference--you know to expect that at the beach, and if you go there it's implied consent. Heck, some beaches are outright "coverage discouraged", but it's still not appropriate for doing business everyday, now is it? Wouldn't be the first time I've been the "bad guy", not that I give a flip... wouldn't be the first case where I'm a better fit with the past than the present anyway.

I'm far from a minor, but I'd rather not have to suffer people committing what the lawyers call "indecent liberties" in my presence... unless it's a gal I'm in a committed relationship with, and behind closed doors.;) lol

"Rationale" assumes they have logical capability, which requires a functional cerebrum... frankly, I'm convinced a lot of 'em are running on brainstem only--if even that much.

John in Covina said:
There's a whole movement about how you shouldn't judge people, especially by what they would consider narrow minded antiquaited standards. That could make you bad...

The rational is most likely, "If I can wear a bikini at the beach, why should this be wrong?"

HadleyH

I'll Lock Up
Dolce and Gabbana don't seem to think so. [huh] Are they alone in thinking this? Nah, don't think so. ;)

whois.jpg

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
It's funny how "prison garb" is denim with a negative connotation, while "work wear" gets all sorts of love.

Matt Deckard said:
I was at Rising Sun when this vid premiered.

Got to check out those $500 jeans as well. Was there talking fabric.

He's got on a late 1800s style denim jacket and trousers.

16351_1273219588081_1157652348_834188_8249908_n.jpg

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
If she's a they, then I'm leaving the wes and heading over to the theys - though I doubt the theys will take me.:eek:

90884673_10_1.preview.jpg

Carlisle Blues

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Feeling For … White Jeans
Men's Fashion
By BRUCE PASK
August 13, 2008

Bruce Pask, T Magazine’s men’s fashion director, writes on style: "White jeans got lost in the (mini) chasm between proper trousers and blue jeans. But this season I’m loving them with desert boots (surprise!) to keep them from looking a bit too brunchy. I’m also liking them worn with blazers, collared shirts and ties; I enjoy the crispness of that look."

MSDSOAG_EC001_H.jpg
Ahead of his time, Paul Newman rode the white jeans trend in “Sometimes a Great Notion” (1971).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner