Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Will jeans be going out of fashion?

repeatclicks

Practically Family
The leggings that look like jeans have a name: Jeggings. Yes, its true, and they are hugely popular across the pond.

BinkieBaumont

Rude Once Too Often
"Tight and Baggy"

pants.jpg

hailey greenhat

A-List Customer
repeatclicks said:
The leggings that look like jeans have a name: Jeggings. Yes, its true, and they are hugely popular across the pond.
Ahh i don't know that i wanted to know that, but thank you :p vogue just got a hold of em, apparently they are late to the show.....maybe this means they wont last long?

hailey greenhat

A-List Customer
BinkieBaumont said:
"Tight and Baggy"

pants.jpg
OH MY GOD! I saw those a few months ago and hoped desperately they were a terrible joke on saggy jeans and skinny jeans. If not i hope gangsters and wannabes the world over will be falling flat
:eek:fftopic: Seriously how do men get pants to stay well below their butts?!

Lone_Ranger

Practically Family
hailey greenhat said:
OH MY GOD! I saw those a few months ago and hoped desperately they were a terrible joke on saggy jeans and skinny jeans. If not i hope gangsters and wannabes the world over will be falling flat
:eek:fftopic: Seriously how do men get pants to stay well below their butts?!

Somebody designed a way to preserve the "look," while still maintaining the age old appeal, of being able to run from the Po-Po.

I grew up in an age where, wearing your trousers too low, whether they were denim or not, was considered "un-cool." I vividly remember, Dan Aykroyd's rendition, of a "Norge" Repairman. lol

Lone_Ranger said:
"Real" cowboys wear Wranglers, or so they say.
Wranglers have the thick seam of the legs on the outside so they won't rub as bad while in the saddle. Lee Riders do that also if I recall. All I have is Wrangler 13MWZ = cowboy cut plus some other Wranglers from Wal-Mart to do chores in.

Italian-wiseguy

One of the Regulars
Personally, I'm not that much into jeans.

Sometimes I wear them just for the change, or cause I'm feeling patriotic (as general Garibaldi wore some "genoese" denim trousers during some of his battles, they say)
but they feel somehow unconfortable to me: way to rigid e stiff (yes, I'm wearing "correct" brands) for my taste.

I'm sure denim makes pretty good work pants, and I'll be probably wearing jeans if I were riding a horse or working in a factory, which I'm not.

On the other hand, I keep seeing people in every kind of jeans, so I guess they're satisfied with them.
I go for khakis, chinos or dress pants.
Ciao!

Elaina

One Too Many
Will denim go out of style? No. Read a fashion magazine, or listen to style icons and they go to great pains to invalidate things like slips, corsets and camisoles from their original purpose (slip dresses, camisoles as a blouse, corset as club wear...it's bloody underwear.). The industry has made an effort, and a success, at making clothing disposable (of which slips and camis are designed to extend the wear as well as give the woman's figure a bit of a smootihing), and jeans being in the forefront of that trend.

People want a minimum of style with maximum ease of creating it as well as maximum comfort. Jeans, whether it's agreed here or not, does give that to the majority of people. It can be dressed down, dressed up and everything in between, and it is considered socially acceptable by the majority, which in fashion, is what rules.

repeatclicks

Practically Family
Elaina said:
People want a minimum of style with maximum ease of creating it as well as maximum comfort. Jeans, whether it's agreed here or not, does give that to the majority of people. It can be dressed down, dressed up and everything in between, and it is considered socially acceptable by the majority, which in fashion, is what rules.

Truth! Id say I wear my jeans when I dont feel like getting dressed up, say, to go buy groceries or to a drag race or hot rod show. I invested money in a solid pair that wont wear out after 6 months. Its amazing to see the quality of denim found in high end shops, and then the quality of denim from say, a pair of LVCs or Pike Bros. The difference is insane.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner