Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

William Randolph Hearst's Stetson

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
On my way to the Queen Mary, I spent a night in San Simeon and the next day I toured the Hearst Estate. While there, I saw W.R. Hearst's Stetson and I snapped a picture because I thought you would all enjoy it (I saw a homburg too, but I couldn't get my camera out fast enough!):

I am not saying this is the same hat, but it looks very similar. It is a very distinctive hat. I hope you all enjoy it.

More Hearst Estate pictures can be found here: http://homepage.mac.com/glickc1/HemingwayJones/PhotoAlbum32.html

Vladimir Berkov

One Too Many
Did you notice the room where there are a bunch of period mens clothes laid out on the bed? A couple ties, a blue seersucker suit, shoes, etc?

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Vladimir Berkov said:
Did you notice the room where there are a bunch of period mens clothes laid out on the bed? A couple ties, a blue seersucker suit, shoes, etc?
I must not have gotten to that room. Since it was my first time, I took the "introductory" tour. I believe there were a total of four different tours. It must have been on one of the other ones.

Vladimir Berkov

One Too Many
It might have been on one of those. Did you wear period clothing when you went? I made sure I did, wearing brown bals, ivory linen slacks a lavender sweater vest, white shirt and repp tie when I went this past summer. It was really a cool vintage moment being at the place and being able to imagine myself there back in the 30s as a guest of Mr. Hearst.

At the end of one of the tours one of the guides came up to me and complimented me on my attire and said how much he appreciated it. It was

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Vladimir Berkov said:
It might have been on one of those. Did you wear period clothing when you went? I made sure I did, wearing brown bals, ivory linen slacks a lavender sweater vest, white shirt and repp tie when I went this past summer. It was really a cool vintage moment being at the place and being able to imagine myself there back in the 30s as a guest of Mr. Hearst.

At the end of one of the tours one of the guides came up to me and complimented me on my attire and said how much he appreciated it. It was
Vladmir, That is great! I wish I had, well, I guess I sort of did. Here I am at the Hearst Estate:

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
Isn't iPhoto GREAT?

Nice big pictures, easy to navigate your picture page, and we don't have to "register" for spam!

Too bad no one could manage a Podcast.

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
scotrace said:
Nice big pictures, easy to navigate your picture page, and we don't have to "register" for spam!

Too bad no one could manage a Podcast.
Thank you, scotrace! I did my best. Yes, I love the tools that Apple gives us and I hate spam as much as the next person.

Mycroft said:
Great pics. Such a wide brim on that hat, I guess he wasn't stingy ;). How did you manage to get pictures, they allow it even though it ruins the cloth etc?
Thank you, Mycroft. He did like big hats. I managed to get pictures by not using a flash. My digital camera does pretty well in low-light situations. You just need a very steady hand.
:)

Mycroft

One Too Many
Hemingway Jones said:
Thank you, scotrace! I did my best. Yes, I love the tools that Apple gives us and I hate spam as much as the next person.

Thank you, Mycroft. He did like big hats. I managed to get pictures by not using a flash. My digital camera does pretty well in low-light situations. You just need a very steady hand.
:)

Nice work then. High praise to your steady hand.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steveng183