Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

wind trolley

Edward

Bartender
They're a great idea.... there's nothing less dignified than having your hat blow off and having to run up the street after it. I'm planning to attach one to the wool hat I'm mostly wearing at the minute (I'll make one myself with some decent elastic and attach it to the band, tuck it inside). Does anyone know if Akubra fit these across their range, or only to the 'Fedora' model (as labelled on Hatsdircet.com).

FWIW, there's also another thread I starte recently on this under the "lapel cord" terminology, where some helpful advice was offered to me.

adamgottschalk

A-List Customer
A wind trolley is stitched onto a hat just under the crown ribbon; then it's wrapped around the crown and secured. To use one: unwrap the trolley so it hangs down the side of your hat, over the brim edge, with the side that has a button on it hanging loose. Then button that button on the end of the trolley into a button hole on your shirt or jacket.

thefedorastore

A-List Customer
Actually, it was Art who had said he would send someone a cord, but I don't that he stocks them for sale.

nulty said:
Contact either Besdor or Duane at the Fedorastore..I'm fairly certainn Duane posted once about being able to add a wind trolley...

Duane If I'm incorrect I apologize......

it's worth a try

Bassman

A-List Customer
PADDY said:
Glad to help.

Borsalino013.jpg
adamgottschalk said:
A wind trolley is stitched onto a hat just under the crown ribbon; then it's wrapped around the crown and secured. To use one: unwrap the trolley so it hangs down the side of your hat, over the brim edge, with the side that has a button on it hanging loose. Then button that button on the end of the trolley into a button hole on your shirt or jacket.
Thank you, gentlemen and thank you, friend "Search".
What was once clear as mud is now crystal clear!

Spellflower

Practically Family
Yohanes said:
Hmmm, so it's more or less like a chin strap in cowboy hat... smart

Well, yes and no. A chin strap will keep your hat on your head, and also keep it from being lost, but a wind trolley just keeps the hat from being lost. It's kind of like the rope rock climbers use to catch them in case they fall.

If you depend on a wind trolley, make sure that the button is really secured to your clothing, not just pressed through a button hole. Give it a good strong tug to test it before trusting it. I've almost lost my hat when I thought I had it in place and suddenly encountered a gust strong enough to rip it right through the button hole.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner