Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wing Tips

Clint_Southwood

New in Town
Well I got my shoes today. Boy am I dissappointed! They have big ol' clunky soles. In the picture they didn't look that big, and I have seen other Doc's with a more slimmer design. These are going to go back on ebay. I need to get some classy dress shoes. These just won't cut it. I don't know why they make them like this. Ugly!!

Mike in Seattle

My Mail is Forwarded Here
EdinLA44 said:
Mike,

Those look nice. How shiny is the leather. The black portion looks almost like patent leather.

Ed

Yep, they're pretty spiffy. Definitely not something I was looking for when I came across them. And not an hour later, I was sitting here watching a tape of this week's Poirot ("After the Funeral" - a new episode with characters unusually natily attired). So far, they've had two characters wearing similar shoes. The last was sitting on a sofa waving them back and forth in front of the camera. They're haunting me, taunting me! <grin> And I know friends' jaws would hit the ground when I show up wearing a pair like that. (Note the operative word being used is "when" not "if" of course.)

So now I'm debating whether to immediately order a pair...translation...I think I can wait until tomorrow and hit the local store to see if they have them in stock. <grin>

And of course, THAT means I'll have to get that black Fedora, doesn't it? And a double-breasted charcoal suit. It becomes a vicious circles, does it not? But there are worse addictions than style, right?

resortes805

Call Me a Cab
These are cool. . .

After years of complaining about Stacy Adams' poromeric Dayton's they finally released all leather two tones.
3832-242843-p.jpg

3832-242845-3.jpg

827-242844-p.jpg

3832-242846-p.jpg

anon`

One Too Many
John in Covina said:
I seem to recall that the best custom shoes came out of the hand made shops of London. They hand carve a wooden model of your feet called a last and then they can pretty much make what ever you want, with a couple of fittings during the process. There was an article in Cigar Aficionado about it, maybe you can get a list from their website.

Happy hunting!
That was Tricker's, for what it's worth. Apparently not that unreasonable, considering what you get. If you're willing to travel and drop the money, I can only imagine that a truly custom route is going to provide the best results. But I'm not so certain that the value is really there, unless you're the sort with more money than time to spend it :)

As for wild colours, I think it's been said already: Stacy Adams.

Byrne Sherwood

Familiar Face
I've gotten some nice wingtips from Kenneth Cole, but they change their styles every year. Check out Johnston and Murphy's website. They have a new item (or at least new to me), which is a white buck wingtip. I never thought I could wear white bucks until I saw those shoes. On the topic of dyeing shoes, if you are going to go two-tone, you might want to bring them to a pro.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy