Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Winter Weather - First Snow-

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
Blue skies

That deep blue sky is one of the things that makes the day after a big snowfall so glorious. The sky is intensely blue, the ground is exquisitely white and the air is so icey cold that it bites your face. I believe the reason for the blue sky is that air that cold can hold almost no moisture, therefore the sun's light is diffused less than on a hazier summer day, when the humidity is high.
I noticed that the sun is at a very low angle in the sky, since it's close to Winter solstice. The day's are short, so we have to enjoy the daylight while we can!

$ally

One Too Many
Mike in Seattle said:
Snow-2007-11-264.jpg
I need to take a winter holiday...sigh

rebelgtp

One of the Regulars
woke up this morning and there is a couple inches outside. its looking kinda wet and sloppy at the moment i'll wait to take some pics until i have some better looking stuff.

Mike in Seattle

My Mail is Forwarded Here
One thing I love about Seattle - snow lasts 3-4 days max. Long enough that you can enjoy it, but not so long that it becomes a total drag. Many times it's snowy when you get up in the morning - in fact, it wakes me up. It's just too quiet outside, I crack and eye and the bedroom's way too light from everything reflecting in from the backyard. But by the end of the day, it's pretty well gone.

:eek:fftopic: sort of...but I mentioned snow to a cousin in California on the phone earlier today and she asked if I'd seen a newscast that showed up on a Bloopers show a few years ago. The weatherman had predicted snow overnight and it never came to pass. So the female anchor on the morning news pops off with "So, Bob, where's that 8 inches you promised me last night?" which of course brought the whole studio down in gales of laughter. She didn't get it until her teary-eyed co-anchor leaned over and whispered in her ear and she went about 15 shades of red in seconds.

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
There were flurries all this morning in downtown Boston--the first I've seen this year (though I was told that it snowed while I was in CA).

Dalexs

Practically Family
It was cold this weekend (damn all you people having fun in Longbeach!!!)
but we never had snow locally.

By noonish in Tewksbury we had almost 2" on the ground which was then washed away by rain over the next few hours.

Wait for it... it's coming... any time now... I can hear the snowblower growling...

hotrod_elf

A-List Customer
We just got our first measurable amount. 2-3 inches. I haven't seen snow in 3 yrs. I forgot just beautiful it looks....before anyone gets to it.
31insnow.jpg

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
We got a good 2 inches over last night but it melted off a bit today. However right now it is really coming down and doesn't look like it's going to stop anytime soon.

And it's meant to snow tomorrow and Saturday and Sunday...

And Carter, I'll get the camera out during daylight tomorrow ;)

K

killertomata

Reading even little descriptions from all of you in snow is making me envious! In San Diego, we barely have seasons. That it's been a little Autumn-like lately is a miracle!

I know I'd freeze if I tried to live where it snows, but I would love to experience it just a little during holidays, it seems appropriate this time of year.

carter

I'll Lock Up
Check it out !

hotrod_elf said:
We just got our first measurable amount. 2-3 inches. I haven't seen snow in 3 yrs. I forgot just beautiful it looks....before anyone gets to it.
31insnow.jpg

GREAT TRUCK, hotrod_elf! :eusa_clap

Thanks for showing us some snow in Wisconsin too.

hotrod_elf

A-List Customer
That's my husband current baby. Having just moved from Georgia (no snow in 3 yrs) we thought it would be fun to take a picture and send it to everyone. Sadly, this year we could not drive it to Thanksgiving dinner..like we did last year....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou