Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Winter weight wool flannel pants - is that asking for too much?

Rathko

New in Town
Doublegun said:
Stopped in Brooks Brothers as well. Never have I seen such a collection of horses-asses in one place. Their sales staff are among the worst I have ever dealt with. I keep having to remind myself not to go in there - they are simply the worst.

I thought it was just me they treated like a homeless guy off the street. Hell, I'm wearing vintage tweed with my favorite cashmere tie and some kid in a black suit that's two sizes too big, with the shoulder seam half way down his upper arm and a gape in his shirt collar large enough to smuggle a ferret through customs, is following me around the place. The last time I was in there I think I actually told him to back off as I really didn't have any plans to steal anything. Are they so unused to seeing anybody under the age of fifty in their store that they must treat us all like common purse snatchers?

Doublegun

Practically Family
Rathko said:
I thought it was just me they treated like a homeless guy off the street. Hell, I'm wearing vintage tweed with my favorite cashmere tie and some kid in a black suit that's two sizes too big, with the shoulder seam half way down his upper arm and a gape in his shirt collar large enough to smuggle a ferret through customs, is following me around the place. The last time I was in there I think I actually told him to back off as I really didn't have any plans to steal anything. Are they so unused to seeing anybody under the age of fifty in their store that they must treat us all like common purse snatchers?

Exactly. They treat people like they (BB) has the corner on the class market and their stores are the only place in town to get a decent suit. Maybe 50-years ago, but not today.

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
Rathko said:
I also like the feeling of being constricted by my clothing ...

You've touched upon a very interesting topic which is hardly ever given the nod here. Some men (and women) like the feeling of stricture: the act of binding the body tightly. At its most extreme, stricture enters the realm of constraint and bondage with leather, latex, ropework, corsets, etc. In the more respectable middle, it can be enjoyed via tight-fitting overcoats, jackets, waistcoats and trousers.

I reckon that at least some male Fedora Loungers take pleasure in stricture, whether they consciously acknowledge it or not.

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
Marc Chevalier said:
You've touched upon a very interesting topic which is hardly ever given the nod here. Some men (and women) like the feeling of stricture: the act of binding the body tightly. At its most extreme, stricture enters the realm of constraint and bondage with leather, latex, ropework, corsets, etc. In the more respectable middle, it can be enjoyed via tight-fitting overcoats, jackets, waistcoats and trousers.

I reckon that at least some male Fedora Loungers take pleasure in stricture, whether they consciously acknowledge it or not.

Amen to that, Marc. I love a well fitting waistcoat and the feel of a belted back wrapping around my back. Something comforting about it.

Lamplight

One of the Regulars
Rathko said:

lol

There is a Brooks Brother outlet store one town over from me, and my brother and I went and looked around on Sunday. No one asked if we needed any help, and to be honest, the suits and sport coats I looked at weren't really that nice, at least for the price. Before that I tried on a Ralph Lauren Polo sport coat (which was actually quite affordable) and it appeared to be made considerably better in comparison.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran