Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

"Wives with Beehives" coming to TLC

Exactly. "Freedom for me, but not for thee," the cry of the fundamentalist no matter what the stripe.

There's a reason why these shows never focus on men. You never see, and will never see a "Time Warp Husbands," "Husbands With Brylcreem" type of show, because the stir-the-pot factor isn't there. They focus on women in these shows specifically to hold the women up to implied ridicule because of their life choices, not simply as a function of plot. It's a viciously, viciously misogynistic attitude -- put forward by exactly the sort of people who stand up and cry "we've come so far!"

That's because the clueless, goofball male is already the staple of the sitcom. :p

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
We don't see Time Warp Husbands because they defy too many stereotypes too subtly for the general public to even comprehend. It would be, I dunno, stirring the pot with a fly swatter.

The reaction I imagine would be "OK, a guy with an old car and some cool clothes. He's probably a self-indulgent dweeb, but it takes all kinds. Why is this even a show? Show me something relevant. Even if it's about cake."

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21