Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Won a Mallory

Psykik

New in Town
I was watching that hat and came so close to placing a late bid for it.
In the end, I did not.
It is a very nice looking vintage hat...enjoy!

Be well,
Rob

gobler

One of the Regulars
Got it!!

Well it arrived and it's in great shape. I need the local fellas to take a gander at it and give me the lowdown on this lid. The odd thing on this lid is that the ribbin looks like it's 3 inchs and the bow is in the back :confused: Was that a style that was in?? Any way this is my first vintage lid :)

:cheers1:
Jeff

gobler said:
Well it arrived and it's in great shape. I need the local fellas to take a gander at it and give me the lowdown on this lid. The odd thing on this lid is that the ribbin looks like it's 3 inchs and the bow is in the back :confused: Was that a style that was in?? Any way this is my first vintage lid :)

That was a style that was in. It was sort of taken from the european market but it was in. US manufacturers were advertising these in the earlier part of the 1950s. I have an ad for a similar hat dated 1954 from Stetson.
That crown is very tall though and it perplexes me. It should date from an earlier period than that. The liner also has an earlier design. Together with the ribbon treatment, tall crown and narrower brim seems to make it more a 30s-40s hat. I would go with the earlier date even though I have never seen one with a bow in the back. That does not mean that they couldn't have done it though. :p
Good find. You guys with that 6 7/8 thing going on really have a lot to choose from. ;)

Regards to all,

J

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24