Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wore my Federation Deluxe to Crystal Skull

ScottyBlues

Familiar Face
I posting earlier about my concerns over the new Indiana Jones movie and how I thought it might increase wisecracks about me wearing an Indiana Jones hat. Well, we went to see the movie on Monday evening, and that left me with a real connundrum: what hat do I wear to the film?

Should I wear my brown Federation Deluxe? It's the most Indy-looking hat I have. But if I wear any fedora will I be provoking comparison? Is it worse to wear a hat that really looks like the character's or something where people would think that this was the closest I could get. Maybe I should wear a homburg to really throw people off.

Normally I don't really worry too much about what people think--those of you who know me can vouch for that. I'm not sure what it is about this film that made me give it more than a second thought. After much deliberation, I decided to wear the Federation Deluxe. It's one of my favorite hats and it best matched what I was wearing that evening.

I was glad to get through the evening without a single comment. I thoroughly enjoyed the movie, though it was painful to see Indy looking so old.

DrQuest

Familiar Face
I agree. I enjoyed the movie but it does seem a little sad to see Indy showing his age....HF still does a great job but it's a little odd to see him aging.

J.T.Marcus

Call Me a Cab
The wife and I caught the opening night showing, May 22, at a drive-in theater in Blue Ridge, Georgia! I wore a hat. Not an Indiana Jones hat, more of a Hank Williams hat! :D

P1040173BradfordGlyco-TiteProcessDo.jpg

(Needless to say, I didn't wear the suit to the drive-in.)

woodsie

Banned
Huh?

I get it when Tweenage Girls wear blond wigs and tight jeans to a Hannah Montana concert, but for an adult to think about what garb one wears to a specific movie is beyond my meagher level of (or lack thereof) intelligence.

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
woodsie said:
I get it when Tweenage Girls wear blond wigs and tight jeans to a Hannah Montana concert, but for an adult to think about what garb one wears to a specific movie is beyond my meagher level of (or lack thereof) intelligence.

Woodsie -- that was your impression of the Evil Kirk, right...? :rolleyes: :D

Cheers,
JtL

woodsie

Banned
Shatner

jimmy the lid said:
Woodsie -- that was your impression of the Evil Kirk, right...? :rolleyes: :D

Cheers,
JtL
JTL,
Shatner didn't wear no fedoras. (Unbecoming of an Iconic Intergalactic Warrior). Meanwhile, nice Whippet today in other post. If you're into bargaining, we gotta chat, Lid. O.K., I'll admit it. I did wear a girls blond wig to my neice's Hannah Montana Concert. Tight jeans don't do me justice, though :eusa_doh:

Lancealot

Practically Family
I took my daughters to see Kingdom this past weekend and went with my Indy Straw from PanamaBob. I had one little kid around five come up to me and ask in a awed voice if I was Indiana Jones. I just smiled at him and said I wished. His mother was trying hastely to drag him into the theater. My daughters who are 10,10, and 8 got a big kick out of that.

PutALidOnIt

One of the Regulars
I also went the new Indy movie this past week, and just for fun, decided to don a tan, lightweight 50's Borsalino, which itself does not try to be an Indy-clone, but it is similar in general appearance (at least to those who are not fedora aficionados - in reality, it's closer to a medium-crown Stratoliner). This is 90-degree Florida, after all! Got a few looks, but no comments.

I must admit that sensibility did override my sense of adventure, as I abandoned the idea of brandishing a whip along with my S&W model 24 (nearest piece I have to the Hand Ejector series II or Colt M1917) revolver since they would likely have caused some consternation at the mall...

We don't stop playing because we get old; we get old when we stop playing...

Nick D

Call Me a Cab
woodsie said:
JTL,
Shatner didn't wear no fedoras. (Unbecoming of an Iconic Intergalactic Warrior).

You've never seen 'A Piece of the Action', have you? ;) Though, that was one fuzzy fedora lol

woodsie

Banned
Shatner

Nick D said:
You've never seen 'A Piece of the Action', have you? ;) Though, that was one fuzzy fedora lol
Point well taken. I meant to say, he wouldn'ta been caught dead wearing a Fedora whilst piloting the Enterprise. And it's equally doubtful he would have spent time in front of the mirror before attending "The Crystal Skull" preening in 4 different lids, before deciding which one to wear to aforementioned flic.

J.T.Marcus

Call Me a Cab
woodsie said:
...And it's equally doubtful he would have spent time in front of the mirror before attending "The Crystal Skull" preening in 4 different lids, before deciding which one to wear to aforementioned flic.

It was more like six. But, hey it was an important decision! :D lol

woodsie

Banned
Preening Allowed

J.T.Marcus said:
It was more like six. But, hey it was an important decision! :D lol
J.T.,
You are entitled to audition potential hats before attending The Crystal Skull, as you have both a superb collection, and wear them well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy