Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Worth & Worth, New York

Mr. Lucky

One Too Many
Okay, I've become addicted to Italian made hats. Because of a recent discussion here, I've been directed to Worth & Worth and am considering purchasing one of their hats. Now, has anyone here any information about them and their product? Are they pliable, soft felt, as they claim?

Any info appreciated. Thanks.

Cat In The Hat

New in Town
YES!!! I've purchased several hats online from Worth & Worth and they are great hats! I was in NYC a couple weeks ago and managed to make it to their store. Surprisingly, I wasn't impressed with the small selection and rather 'bland' store, but they do have great hats. I bought another 'Weekender' while I was back there. Love it. Soft hat, great greenish/ochre color.

I totally, totally recommend buying online from Worth and Worth if you can't get to the store in NY.

Another store I went to while in NY was J.J. Hat Center. Now, THAT'S a great hat store. Just the store itself, with the wood paneled walls and great staircase in the back, looks classy and elegant. The guy who helped me knew his stuff and was really nice to deal with. An old guy steaming hats in the back, too. Highly recommend dropping in if you're in NY.

Unfortunately, I've had a bit of trouble with loading images from their website. Also, I'm not sure if you can order online or have to request a catalog.

But I got a great Borsalino hat there as well as a nice straw hat.

Both places are great. Worth & Worth has always been great to deal with online.

besdor

Vendor/Sponsor
Cervo Hats

Cervo hats will be available shortly from us as well. We just received a delivery of samples that will give Borsalino a run for their money at a better price point. JJ Hats is without a doubt the nicest store in Manhattan. You probably dealt with Mark who is very informative when it comes to hats .
If you can make it to Brooklyn , it worth the trip. to see our store in Williamsburg. Many of the loungers have been pleasently suprised.

Steven
Bencraft Hats

Mr. Lucky

One Too Many
Thanks for the info! I think I might go ahead and invest in one of the I-talian hats they have on their website - supposed to be in this week or next.

I've been to J&J, last December. Picked up a great 8/4, heavy wool cap. While I did enjoy the store and the tradition therein, I was a bit put off by the attitude of some of the salesmen. But, then again, it coulda' just been me.

My favorite Borso was procured on a sojourn to Williamsburg, Brooklyn and a visit to Bencraft. While it may not be as *uptown* as J&J, it was certainly a joy to behold. The senior Mr. Goldstein, and a couple of the older fellas thereabouts, knew so much about the history, quality and overall tradition of hats. Hell, I even received a travel mug with their logo!

And welcome to The Lounge, neighbor!

Mr. Lucky

One Too Many
besdor said:
Cervo hats will be available shortly from us as well. We just received a delivery of samples that will give Borsalino a run for their money at a better price point. JJ Hats is without a doubt the nicest store in Manhattan. You probably dealt with Mark who is very informative when it comes to hats .
If you can make it to Brooklyn , it worth the trip. to see our store in Williamsburg. Many of the loungers have been pleasently suprised.

Steven
Bencraft Hats
Jinx!

Cat In The Hat

New in Town
When I was back in NY a couple weeks ago, I stopped by Worth & Worth and bought a 'Cortina' model fedora. It's soft and beautiful. One of my favorite hats already. I also have a 'Weekender' from them and that's another fine hat.... a bit thicker felt. The Cortina is just buttery soft.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou