Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Would a 38 short fit a 34 in. chest?

Jerekson

One Too Many
I have a question - if I were to help out a 15 year-old who wanted a Jos. A Bank suit - and he had a 34 in. chest - would a 38 short size jacket fit him?

I mean, it doens't need to be perfect, but would it look stupid and baggy? Or do you think he could pull it off?

Sizes below 38 are just too hard to find, especially among Jos. A Bank.

Jerekson

AlanC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
A 38 jacket will likely have a 42" chest (40" if it's more slim fitting). The fit's going to be balloon like, I'd think. The trousers of a 38 suit should be around a 32 waist, which likely will also be pretty big on him. It won't hurt to let him try it on, though.

StanleyVanBuren

If you're anywhere near an H&M, I can give them a recommend. They have suits in sizes as low as 34 -- as you can see in another thread, I just bought a size 34R from them and it fits great, and was cheap too.

reetpleat

Call Me a Cab
It would be huge on him, and worse yet, a small short guy (I am a 38 short) needs to be even more careful because a big or tall guy can get away with a slightly baggy look, but a smaller guy will look even smaller which is no good.

Jerekson

One Too Many
StanleyVanBuren said:
If you're anywhere near an H&M, I can give them a recommend. They have suits in sizes as low as 34 -- as you can see in another thread, I just bought a size 34R from them and it fits great, and was cheap too.

Pardon me, but what is "H & M"?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran