Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fit Check Aero Everyman 38

simpleton66

New in Town
Dear Fellow loungers,

This is my first post on the TFL about my first aero jacket.

I would be very happy to get your opinions on it as I am fairly new and trying to understand how a leather jacket is sized and fits.

The beautiful jacket in the pictures is size 38 FQHH which I got from one of the kind loungers. I am 172 cm and weigh around 75kg. With a custom suit jacket as reference, the dimensions of this jacket made perfect sense so i ended up buying.

The jacket has a modified hem of 17.5 inches. As soon as i got it, I found out the the jacket fits me only with a thin T-shirt. Which was expected as suit jacket was the reference. The jacket seems to be getting more comfortable with time.

The problems are blaring though, as the photos are self explanatory. I'll try to outline the problems as per my understanding and It would be great to hear your opinions.

First thing I found were the shoulders being atleast a 0.5inch too narrow. The sleeves run a 0.5inch short as well, due to my unusual long arms. The hem seems to be a little too tight. And of course the action back's puffing is the result of all the above.

The good points, the jacket is comfortable even with all the above fit issues. Especially when worn with an open zip. Also the front especially in the body looks good to me. Being a blue label jacket, it has panels of leather with different grain and shade which is my favourite part of this jacket plus the smell.

In total, I would have loved if I had sized up on this 30s pattern.

Attachments

• 20230602_195617_HDR~2.jpg
    20230602_195617_HDR~2.jpg
    628.6 KB · Views: 354
  • 20230602_195649~2.jpg
    20230602_195649~2.jpg
    583.6 KB · Views: 325
  • 20230602_195708~2.jpg
    20230602_195708~2.jpg
    609.6 KB · Views: 326
  • 20230602_195756~2.jpg
    20230602_195756~2.jpg
    661.3 KB · Views: 308
  • 20230602_195721~2.jpg
    20230602_195721~2.jpg
    576 KB · Views: 352

mumpy

A-List Customer
You need one size up but do check dimensions as tag size with Aero jackets can have very different actual measurements.

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
That back looks messy. I do recall that the bi swing back on my Teamster would look somewhat puffy initially too but in your case it is more than just that, the entire back looks crunched together. Also sleeves are too short. Last, you appear to have an athletic build but the jacket does not accentuate that all, quite the opposite actually. I believe you can do better. Vansons have long sleeves by default. The Enfield is my most worn jacket since I received it and it is only looking better day after day.

simpleton66

New in Town
You need one size up but do check dimensions as tag size with Aero jackets can have very different actual measurements.
Thank you for your reply. You are right. I can go a size up on the 30s pattern. A more roomier pattern like the HYM i could get away with a 38.

simpleton66

New in Town
That back looks messy. I do recall that the bi swing back on my Teamster would look somewhat puffy initially too but in your case it is more than just that, the entire back looks crunched together. Also sleeves are too short. Last, you appear to have an athletic build but the jacket does not accentuate that all, quite the opposite actually. I believe you can do better. Vansons have long sleeves by default. The Enfield is my most worn jacket since I received it and it is only looking better day after day.
It does look crunched at the back. I'll definitely keep an eye out for the enfield. I think a cafe racer would be better for my body type, but i don't think that it is my style.

newtojackets

Practically Family
Echoing what others have said, definitely too small. Looks too tight and the length and particularly the sleeve length are very short

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner