Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Would this warrant an exchange?

hafor123

Familiar Face
Brand new schott found a ugly unnatural crease should I exchange out?

1000000839.jpg

Attachments

• 1000000838.jpg
    1000000838.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 107
Last edited:

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
These look like fairly normal wear marks to me. Is it a paper-sharp crease? Maybe I'm missing something.

Guppy

I'll Lock Up
As it wears in it will become less noticeable. The other grain will emerge through the top coat and it will blend in. You'll see it because you know it's there, but anyone else will just see the jacket.

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
For potential resale value, I would exchange for another one.

The marks is normal for full grain leather. What it is is branding mark open A symbol, not very deep either. It won't compromise leather strength, but is an aesthetic thing that may limit your potential resale customer base.

That's why the there is 30 days exchange. These marks only show up after wearing. I've got lots of them on many of my jackets. Some I wish weren't there but I couldn't exchange, like this below, brand new on the left and worn in on the left, took more than 30 days, plus this was from Japan and I couldn't exchange,
IMG_7557.jpg

hafor123

Familiar Face
For potential resale value, I would exchange for another one.

The marks is normal for full grain leather. What it is is branding mark open A symbol, not very deep either. It won't compromise leather strength, but is an aesthetic thing that may limit your potential resale customer base.

That's why the there is 30 days exchange. These marks only show up after wearing. I've got lots of them on many of my jackets. Some I wish weren't there but I couldn't exchange, like this below, brand new on the left and worn in on the left, took more than 30 days, plus this was from Japan and I couldn't exchange,
View attachment 583721
Yeah I sent it in today I'm all for natural one line creases, grain, scars but this one is just ugly it's right out the box as well.

Last edited:

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Just wear the hell out of it. It'll disappear after a couple of months under other creases. Every leather jacket I own has gone through a stage where it's got a big old scratch or crease that you're initially appalled by. You just keep wearing it and within a week or so the scratch starts to soften and fade under all the other marks and knocks.

hafor123

Familiar Face
Just wear the hell out of it. It'll disappear after a couple of months under other creases. Every leather jacket I own has gone through a stage where it's got a big old scratch or crease that you're initially appalled by. You just keep wearing it and within a week or so the scratch starts to soften and fade under all the other marks and knocks.

I exchanged it out looks like someone left a iron on the jacket. Shouldn't be my problem over a 1k jacket.

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
It really is just a normal bit of leather grain. For your own sake I hope you get used to grain otherwise your Perfecto is going to bother you a lot.

mumpy

A-List Customer
You were right to return. This is not grain, but an imprint of something pushing into the back. While many may not mind (myself included) some will, and at this price why compromise.
It will come back after a week of driving a car

mumpy

A-List Customer
No, it won’t. Unless the cows do their grain with a ruler now, this is not a natural crease.
Pf course, the jacket will crease and buff and change, but why accept that when brand new?
Not in the same place but the jacket can fold behind your back while sitting which creates long straight lines that look “unnatural” to some people

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner