Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Will going down a size for these Gaspar Gloves help the finger problem?

Lorinz

Familiar Face
I just got my pair of "The Drive" gloves from Gaspar Gloves, but I noticed an issue with the gloves not fitting right, with the fingers/thumb being too long with excess space in the tips. The rest of the glove firs ok, not amazing just "ok"; but the fingers and thumb are definitely a big issue. Here's two pictures showing what I mean:
JKVGbxg.jpg
0kHVZpF.jpg

I have a chance to either just return them, or exchange them for a smaller size. Do you think going down a size would fix the finger/thumb length issue? I measure as a size 7.5(which is what I bought), I worried going down a size to a 7 won't fix the finger issue or I'll now end up with a glove that's way too tight and still won't fit right. Any idea what I should do?

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
Gloves are measured around the middle of the hand/palm in circle. So if you downsize then it will be too tight there.

I have this issue too. You might need custom. Etsy has a lot of custom glove makers, usually from Eastern Europe, price was reasonable, you can adjust finger length just ask them if they do that.

Lorinz

Familiar Face
Gloves are measured around the middle of the hand/palm in circle. So if you downsize then it will be too tight there.

I have this issue too. You might need custom. Etsy has a lot of custom glove makers, usually from Eastern Europe, price was reasonable, you can adjust finger length just ask them if they do that.

The hand area feels a little bit loose, it isn't like the glove is sliding off or anything like that, but it may be possible to go down a size and it not being too tight. What I want to know is, would that fix the finger problem, or will it now just be the hand feels more snug but the fingers are still too long? Does the sizing actually impact the finger length or not?

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
If the hand part is loose then go down a size. If you have a soft tape wrap it around your hand to measure just to make sure. If no soft tape use a piece of string then measure the string.

As for the fingers, that is still a potential issue. But right now if your hand is not snug enough then it doesn't work either. Return for one size down would be what I would do first. And if the fingers is still long, then you'd need custom.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner