Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WTB: I have never seen a Panama like this

jdouglasj

Familiar Face
Okay, first, the hat:

nice straw hat.png

The key features here are the nearly vertical sides, as perhaps a 60 block, and the relatively sharp edge at the top, which distinguishes is from this hat (which I don't much like):

DSC04018 (Small).jpeg

There is little taper on the sides of the hat, but this hat is very rounded up top. I want the sharper edge.

So is there a hat maker with the blocks to re-create that first hat? If not, anyone know of a hat like that for a 7 5/8 long oval head???

Okay, first, the hat:

View attachment 600604

The key features here are the nearly vertical sides, as perhaps a 60 block, and the relatively sharp edge at the top, which distinguishes is from this hat (which I don't much like):

View attachment 600605

There is little taper on the sides of the hat, but this hat is very rounded up top. I want the sharper edge.

So is there a hat maker with the blocks to re-create that first hat? If not, anyone know of a hat like that for a 7 5/8 long oval head???
Check with Mike @NorthWest Hats. He does great work and might be able to recreate it for you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner