Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WTB: Vintage 7 3/8 top hat (silk plush--non-collapsible)

Bespoken4

New in Town
Hi gents,

I'm in search of a vintage (pre-1960--preferably, 20's-30's) silk plush top hat in good wearable condition. Believe it or not, it's for my girlfriend...who's got a large noggin! (lots of brains in there...that's why she's with me! HA!!). In my "best case scenario," it would have no outer condition issues ('bald spots' or dents), fine interior (with leather sweatband intact) and...if possible...with original box? I know that's a lot to ask for...but I can dream, can't I? My favorite brands are Lock & Co., Lincoln Bennett, Adams, Stetson, Rogers Peet....a pretty wide parameter. As long as it measures at or near 23" in circumfrence, I'm open to discuss!

Thanks, all....have a smashing day!

Bespoken4

Bespoken4

New in Town
Still seeking the topper. Just wanted to add, I'd be willing to consider larger, or perhaps a large 7 1/4 as well, depending on the measurements....THANKS ALL!

avedwards

Call Me a Cab
I don't have one but I know a vintage shop in Nottingham which has 2-3 in that size. Unsure of the exact age and make, but they're genuine silk plush, in good condition and in that size.

Where are you based (phone version of the FL won't tell me your location)? If you're UK based you could travel there and take a look. If not it could get expensive...

Feel free to drop me an email - you can see my address if you view my profile on here.

Bespoken4

New in Town
Alas, I am in New York City. Shipping hats (especially when they have their original boxes, requiring "double-boxing") can be so bloody expensive. Yet, some of my best finds have come from eBay.co.uk, so I wouldn't rule it out. I wonder if the shoppe you mention has a website? Likely not...I will be in touch...and I appreciate your "heads up"! Cheers, Gregory

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusa80