Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WTS/WTT Stetson Royal De Luxe Turf Club

MJL

One of the Regulars
I have a Stetson Royal De Luxe Turf Club. The size is 7/8 marked inside and the diameter of the hat is 23 inches. I was sold this as a 7 7/8 but if I had to guess I would say it is a 6 7/8. The seller on ebay just flat out lied to me about the size to cop a sale. The hat looks NEW inside and out with one slight, faint line on the top that looks like a pencil or something. This hat has the little button/string thing to put into your lapel. The color is tan or taupe. The original box (that I am keeping) had the original bill of sale from the 50s. I am posting this here before I take it to ebay in hopes of a trade. I need a similar hat in 7 7/8. I would like a similar condition and quality hat (Stetson, Optimo, Borsalino, etc). I might be willing to kick in a few bucks to get a better quality hat. On the other hand these 50s Stetsons are just superb in quality. It is a damn shame this does not fit me. I do not have the ability to make images but would be pleased to anwser any questions you may have. What do you have to trade? If someone is desperate for an image I might be able to snap one with my 35mm camera and get it posted here but it would take me some time to do.

IndianaGuybrush

One of the Regulars
When you say 23 inches in diameter what do you mean? Do you mean it's 23" in circumference, meaning around the inside sweatband of the hat? If so that makes it about a 7 3/8, which is a very popular size. You sholdn't have any trouble selling or trading for it.

MJL

One of the Regulars
IndianaGuybrush said:
When you say 23 inches in diameter what do you mean? Do you mean it's 23" in circumference, meaning around the inside sweatband of the hat? If so that makes it about a 7 3/8, which is a very popular size. You sholdn't have any trouble selling or trading for it.

Well, I took a tape measure and made the measurement from outside of the hat, around the band. Is that where I should measure this? I guess that is the circumference and not diameter. I am geometry disabled! Thanks for the assistance.

Johnnysan

One Too Many
MJL,

Just in case you haven't already checked...sometimes there will be a paper label adhered to the inside of the crown beneath the sweat band. If so, the size should be listed on it.

SHARPETOYS

Call Me a Cab
Measure the inside circumfence.

:)
MJL said:
Well, I took a tape measure and made the measurement from outside of the hat, around the band. Is that where I should measure this? I guess that is the circumference and not diameter. I am geometry disabled! Thanks for the assistance.

Measure the inside of the hat not around the outside. :)

MJL

One of the Regulars
Johnnysan said:
MJL,

Just in case you haven't already checked...sometimes there will be a paper label adhered to the inside of the crown beneath the sweat band. If so, the size should be listed on it.

I just got home from work and got your kind responses. I pulled the sweat band down and there is a red/white paper label that says 6 7/8 so I reckon that must be the proper size.

MJL

One of the Regulars
SHARPETOYS said:
:)

Measure the inside of the hat not around the outside. :)

Yeah I knew that but I could not figure out how to measure the inside with a seamstress tape measure without the tape flopping over. Anyway there is a tag inside for 6 7/8 so I guess that is the proper size.

varga49

One of the Regulars
I''ve used this scale a great deal..when buying from ebay sellers especially!

Use this size conversion chart to convert your measurement to the appropriate type of size.
Inches....Centimeters...Hat Size........Other
21 1/8.......54..............6 3/4............Small
21 1/2.......55..............6 7/8
21 7/8.......56..............7.................Medium
22 1/4.......57..............7 1/8
22 5/8.......58..............7 1/4...........Large
23............59..............7 3/8
23 1/2.......60..............7 1/2...........X-Large
23 7/8.......61..............7 5/8
24 1/4.......62..............7 3/4...........XX-Large
24 5/8.......63..............7 7/8
25............64...............8...............XXX-Large

measure to the nearest 1/8".

MJL

One of the Regulars
Thanks for all the help. The hat is still here, sitting on my computer. I am getting to like the look of it on my computer but would be pleased to consider trades for hats in the 7 3/4, 7 7/8, 8 range.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nextstop1derland