Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ww1 usa bi plane style bomber jackets ?

ramblinBOB

One of the Regulars
does any one have any pics ? of these im very intrusted in the jacket of the us and german style jackets . thanks

Images

Some of the seach engines like google have a section called images. If you were to do a search for say Eddie Rickenbacker or the Red Baron or Baron von Richthoften you should catch some images.

Also maybe barnstormer.[huh]

ramblinBOB

One of the Regulars
ahhhhhhhhhhh that is so beautiful. if only i had the money :rage: thats a great repo thanks for the link nick bye the way that harold lloyd avatar ruled you had . thanks guys

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
WW1 aviator jacket(s)...pics

This is the one from Aero, called the Barnstormer. If you are like me, I tend to like looking at the pics of the jackets first of all to help make an informed decision.
This one is Heavy Front Quarter Horse Hide in brown (can also get it in Cordovan, which is a deep reddy-brown). Yes, it is stiff to start with (words like 'bullet proof' are banded about when describing this hide), but it will break in and mould wonderfully to your body, and gain a great vintage patina in the leather. Double breasted, two outer pockets, two inner zipped, leather belted. I cannot sing the praises of this jacket enough.

I have never handled the Eastman's Brookland's motoring/flying jacket or their Red Baron version, but Gary at ELC would be more than happy to send you leather samples and tell you more about it, I'm sure.

"Doc" Devereux

One Too Many
I can second Paddy's comments about the Aero Barnstormer. I have a black one with a cotton twill lining and no inside pockets that's starting to break in very nicely and have become terribly fond of it.

I've had a look at the Eastman coat as well, and it's also very nice. The leather (which is the same as my German WW2-style jacket) is a little softer and the moleskin lining is pleasing to the touch. If they'd had one my size on the stand I'd have bought it instead of the Aero, but both are excellent examples.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats