Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WW11 Ranger Jackets

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Great Jacket Josh!

I could almost envisage you scaling the cliffs of Pont-du-hoc in Normandy there Josh (if you have the chance fo visit it, just make it happen!) with the Rangers!

Thanks for sharing that great jacket!

Mycroft

One Too Many
Sorry about the WW11 I think I ment to type WWII or World War II. Any how it is like a field jacket, but it has a collar that straps around the neck. I forgot what that type of collar is called.

BellyTank

I'll Lock Up
Both of the WWII US Army field jacket styles; M-41 and M-43 had a "throat latch" at the collar for neck fastening. The M-41, seen in all the above picks was/is "Khaki", waist length with a zipper and buttons and bi-swing style back- and the M-43 was Olive Drab, longer and a 4 pocket fly- button style. Not forgetting the Paratrooper's jacket, which was khaki with 4 gussetted cargo pockets and a belt.
Do you now know which style you're referring to? There is no such animal as a "Ranger" jacket, not from WWII anyway.
-BT.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21