Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WWII bancroft field jacket

MrBern

I'll Lock Up
a fine repro of the WWII 'parsons jkt'
Parsons_main.jpg

but this was on ebay recently: BEHOLD...an original...but tailored in wool.

bwbancroftjacket.jpg

Teekay44

One of the Regulars
The very first Ike style jackets were patterned after the early field jacket or "parsons". Bi-swing back, flap pockets, and no shoulder straps. The were made by British firms for the US Army and feature some standard British items such as buttons and buckles. The wool is like the British battle dress. Same color and weight. They have British proof marks in them. Most were issued to USAAF in England. I sold one last year for over $800. They are indeed rare. The one pictured looks like an officers copy.

davyboy

New in Town
Teekay44 said:
The very first Ike style jackets were patterned after the early field jacket or "parsons". Bi-swing back, flap pockets, and no shoulder straps. The were made by British firms for the US Army and feature some standard British items such as buttons and buckles. The wool is like the British battle dress. Same color and weight. They have British proof marks in them. Most were issued to USAAF in England. I sold one last year for over $800. They are indeed rare. The one pictured looks like an officers copy.

Hi there I would like to ask your opinion on this jacket please, it`s a M41 combat jacket made by Bancroft, I am new to this site and would really appreciate your opinion. my email address is davyalexander@sky.com

thank you
regards Davy

davyboy

New in Town
Opinion on this original WW2 M41 Bancroft Captains army jacket

The M41 jacket is in great condition with all its original buttons and nice working 'Talon' zipper. The captain's bars on the shoulders are the cloth type and these have seen a fair bit of wear. The only damage really is on the collare. typical of these jackets which suffered badly from wear and fraying at the collar and cuffs, although on this jacket the cuffs are good.
please I am having trouble listing photos please contact me on
davyalexander@sky.com
I would really appreciate your thoughts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vladyslav