Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

You guys are a bad influence!!!!!! Now with Pics!!!!!

Duck

Practically Family
Thanks for all the kind words. Yes, I really enjoyed redoing the hat. There will be another one in my future;)

art92101

One of the Regulars
Nice job!!

Your revamp is a great job. I am eying my cowboy stetsons. i have two 30x beavers that may just have to be made over!

Spellflower

Practically Family
:eusa_clap

Are you sure you never did that before? Reminds me of when I was a camp counselor and the kid who'd never held a basketball before made a perfect shot his first time playing HORSE.

I'd be careful about posting too many pics- you might get inundated with requests for custom work! That might actually make for a good show, someday, when FL has expanded into its own cable channel. It could be called "Pimp my Hat," and follow the same premise as "Pimp My Ride" on MTV, in which a beat up old wreck gets completely customized into a one of a kind luxury vehicle. If it ever happens, I've still got my dirty $3 Stetson cowboy hat...

Duck

Practically Family
Twitch said:
Duck did you simply dunk it in water and re-shape?[huh]
I held it under the faucet running cold water over the crown - rebash and wear it until it dries.

J.T.Marcus

Call Me a Cab
Duck, I love what you did! Unfortunately, by running water over the crown, you have now re-opened the old baptism feud over pouring vs. immersion. You have shown that, for hats at least, they both work (as does steam). Thanks, and a tip of the hat.:eusa_clap

J.T.Marcus said:
Duck, I love what you did! Unfortunately, by running water over the crown, you have now re-opened the old baptism feud over pouring vs. immersion. You have shown that, for hats at least, they both work (as does steam). Thanks, and a tip of the hat.:eusa_clap

Don't forget the "sprinkle" method!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner