Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

You know that summer really IS over when...

jayem

A-List Customer
*Wearing strappy sandals or even flip flops looks asinine.
*The sky is pitch black driving to work at 5.45 AM.
*The lawn is one giant mess of orange, red, and brown leaves.
*It's okay to wear that faux fur lined jacket.
*It stops being too cold in the class rooms and starts becoming too hot.

That last one reminds me of being in high school. My HS was built around 1917 and not much had been changed since then. We didn't have central heating (or air for that matter... no window units either), just radiators. In the beginning of the school year, everyone would fight for the seats in the back of the room (nearest to the radiators) and at the end of the school year, everyone would also fight for the seats at front. After freshman year, you knew to take your hard classes in the beginning of the year (sit in the back = not have to answer questions) and your easy classes at the end of the year.

Oh, and...

*You wake up happy.
(I hate summer.)

LizzieMaine

Bartender
When I have to take down the "It's COOL Inside!" sign at work because it's become more of a liability than an asset.

When I swap my evening bowl of Grape Nuts Flakes for a hot bowl of oatmeal.

When I notice they have all the Christmas prints out on the fabric tables.

Slim Portly

One Too Many
When I start my day thinking, "What would look good under this overcoat?" I'm afraid that, at least in Las Vegas, that day is still quite far off.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
When:

Football season kicks off
Halloween trick or treaters come knockin'
Switch to daylight savings time
Harbors close
Tweed/flannel/felt replaces linen/cotton/straw

K.D. Lightner

Call Me a Cab
This particular summer in Iowa was cool, and August was a record cool. Being a light jacket person, I loved it, but think the swim crowd was a but bummed out by it.

I noticed in late August, that some of the trees were beginning to turn. Now, there are quite a few of them, flecks of gold and red among the green.

Pretty, but summer was over the minute I saw the colors.

karol

Story

I'll Lock Up
Locust-like buzzing of the high-wing Piper banner tow-planes disappears from the skies and the open-pipe rumble of Harleys disappears from the roads. :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran