Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

You know you are getting old when:

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
Ah, what kids did before the Internet brought everything right to them.

Kids indeed!
Listening to the "snap,crackle & pop" on the Sky Champion,
I found myself on the Coast Guard cutter Itasca:

"KHAQQ to Itasca we are on the line 157 337 will repeat message,
we will repeat this on 6210 KCS " (Earhart)
DA77B5FB-CF33-49C7-923E-B57B76B00EA8.jpeg

My imagination had no limits! :)

Last edited:

green papaya

One Too Many
when you have to tell kids to get off your lawn or stay off your property, and the same thing happens everytime, they keep coming back more just to show you, you cant tell them what to do, I stopped asking them to go away and just dont say anything now.

most people dont like being told to do anything, especially teens & twenties, they usually do the opposite to annoy you

a grown lady with her child even kept coming back and hanging out on my lawn / driveway trying to make me get into an argument, because they didnt like me telling them to stay off my property, she was probably going to tell the polce i tried to threaten them , but I just didnt say anything , and they came back at least 30 more times just to annoy me.

When you find yourself yelling "slow down, young man!" at heavy-footed youngsters.

It was good luck as much as anything that got between me and serious injury to myself and innocent others when I was a young driver.

when you have to tell kids to get off your lawn or stay off your property, and the same thing happens everytime, they keep coming back more just to show you, you cant tell them what to do, I stopped asking them to go away and just dont say anything now.

most people dont like being told to do anything, especially teens & twenties, they usually do the opposite to annoy you

a grown lady with her child even kept coming back and hanging out on my lawn / driveway trying to make me get into an argument, because they didnt like me telling them to stay off my property, she was probably going to tell the polce i tried to threaten them , but I just didnt say anything , and they came back at least 30 more times just to annoy me.
Don't say anything; just turn on the sprinklers. :D

When your yard is only twelve feet wide, and your street has no sidewalk, you just have to learn to live with it.

I've found it best to befriend the little bastards, or at least make the attempt. Having been a, um, sometimes difficult youngster myself, and therefore having some insight into the mindset, I can offer that kids who behave in antisocial ways are likely getting knocked around at home, when they aren't being neglected. They are left to think themselves unimportant at best.

As I've heard it said, the kids who need love the most ask for it in the most unlovable ways.

GHT

I'll Lock Up
My neighbors supply that. There's always a couple of canine cupcakes near the end of the driveway to capture the unwary.
In true perverse British humour, we Brits call it lucky if you inadvertently tread in doggy doos. Lucky? Hell's bells, who dreamt that one up? It gets right into the pattern on the soles of your shoes, it stinks to high heaven and it attracts some very suspicious looks. It wasn't me!
The French have a way of dealing with that.

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Oh yes, sometimes folded up and sent via a rubber band, other times catapulted from the end of a ruler.
Is the Tic-Tac man at the race course doing some sort of text?
tic-tac-man1.jpg tic-tac-man2.jpg tic-tac-man3.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner