Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

You know you are getting old when:

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
I kind of agree with your sentiments, but I do like some of the State quarters, especially the California John Muir / Yosemite quarters.

This guy got his own quarter?

john muir book_51kk-B80LML._AC_UL320_SR240,320_.jpg

I don't understand it either, but I have an uncomfortable feeling that the destination blind on the bus, namely Buchenwald, might have something to do with it.
Of course, it's one of the bus-lines in Weimar. Where else should it be? ;)

German humor, dry and cynical.

Last edited:

Lean'n'mean

I'll Lock Up
Even when we know the punchline, we still don't get it. :rolleyes:

Hold on, just Googled 'Buchenwald' ....it was a nazi concentration camp created in 1937. You've gotta hand it to the Germans, they certainly know how to laugh.

Last edited:
Not to name the busline "memorial" and so on , but rather just "Buchenwald", as nothing would have changed since 1938.

Humor like Austrians. ;)

Last edited:

HanauMan

Practically Family
Ah, Gedenkstaette Buchenwald.

I suppose that the local name Buchenwald was there before the camp. When I lived in Bavaria there were many Buchenwalds around as it just means a place with Beech trees.

Ah, Gedenkstaette Buchenwald.

I suppose that the local name Buchenwald was there before the camp. When I lived in Bavaria there were many Buchenwalds around as it just means a place with Beech trees.

No, there was no locality before the camp. And that's the curious thing, that Buchenwald is an official locality with town-sign, but there are no private homes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR