Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

You MUST choose. No waffling.

Flivver

Practically Family
1. Fleischer - Edgier and more creative than Disney

2. Lloyd - An all time favorite of mine. I like the "regular guy" image he portrayed. I'd place Keaton second and Chaplin a very distant third.

Sefton

Call Me a Cab
I take it that the question is more about personal enjoyment and not importance to the art of cinema? I think the answers are a bit different between the two, but here's my choice (based mostly on enjoyment although not entirely so):

Max Fleischer

Charlie Chaplin​

(BTW, his son Sydney Chaplin just passed away, aged 82. As reported here in the Notable Passings thread by Carlisle Blues).

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
Of course, Sefton has the right answer. But if you held a gun to my head, I'd say Fleischer (easy) and Chaplin (very difficult).
Keaton and Lloyd made some WONDERFUL movies, but I still would put them Chaplin, Keaton and Lloyd, in that order, based, I would guess, on what I've gotten out of them. But such comparisons are odious and silly.
Can I make a write in of Ernie Kovacs???

Sefton

Call Me a Cab
dhermann1 said:
Of course, Sefton has the right answer. But if you held a gun to my head, I'd say Fleischer (easy) and Chaplin (very difficult).
Keaton and Lloyd made some WONDERFUL movies, but I still would put them Chaplin, Keaton and Lloyd, in that order, based, I would guess, on what I've gotten out of them. But such comparisons are odious and silly.
Can I make a write in of Ernie Kovacs???

Only if I can write in the Marx Brothers and Bob Hope and...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy