Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

You MUST choose. No waffling.

Nobert

Practically Family
Keaton, although I haven't seen a whole lot of Lloyd.

If the Question is between Max Fleischer and Walt Disney, then Disney for vision. I believe, however, that it was Dave Fleischer who actually made the pictures, so the real question might be Dave Fleischer or Ub Iwerks. If it's the cartoons themselves, then Fleischer.

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
Dave got director credit on all cartoons released by Fleischer, but in actuality, many of them were directed by the senior animators - Crandall, Natwick, Sparber, etc. The other oddity of Fleischer credits (by modern standards) is that the animators listed on each film didn't necessarily work on that film: they used a revolving credits system so that all the senior animator's names were credited at some point in a given year, but they didn't have to actually work on the cartoons for which they were credited. Anyway, Dave essentially supervised. But Max was more than just a front office guy too, he also had input on the cartoons. Fleischer had a smaller, looser, less hierarchical organization than Disney, especially before the move to Miami in preparation for making features.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy