Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

You Scream for Ice Cream?

Cousin Hepcat

Practically Family
LizzieMaine said:
Well, it's hot and humid and the air's so thick you have to push it out of the way just to walk across the room

In Maine?! :( I'd been considering moving north at some point, to escape it... On-topic: Do Ice Cream Sanwiches count? (Moist chewey chocolate crust with that creamy, delicious vanilla inside...)

temp_icecreamsandwich.jpg
temp_dog01.jpg

Mom would get one for me almost daily when I was a kid, after we had lunch & went out to the park, from The Pantry down the street. Funny, I've eaten them rarely since then, but when I do sometimes I'll remember little details from back then that I'd long forgotten, like the Asteroids video game they had at the store then... lol guess maybe it's more about "enjoying the experience" to me than the ice cream itself.

Swing High,
- Cousin Hepcat

Quigley Brown

Call Me a Cab
Is there an absinthe flavor ice cream?....just kidding...

I love coffee ice cream...Hagan Daas. Heck, I'll even sprinkle ground coffee over it. The dog loves to lick out the little one pint container when I'm done...I'm easily amused by that sight.

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Citizen Ed said:
Graeter's Ice Cream. A Cincy tradition since 1870. Words can't describe the frozen mana they put in a cone. One bite of their Black Raspberry Chip and you'll know God.

See, I told yall' :D

blackras.jpg

LD

Pilgrim

One Too Many
I feel like quoting the famous line from The Blues Brothers: "We have both kinds of music: country AND western".

I like both flavors: chocolate AND chips!

Novella

Practically Family
ITG said:
A local buffet here serves Blue Bunny brand and they have a cotton candy flavor (pink and blue) that has actually flakes of cotton candy in it. Oh my is it wonderful!

That sounds like fun ice cream! The most interesting ice cream I've ever had was cake ice cream made by Schwann's. If I remember right it's cake batter flavored ice cream flecked with multicolored sprinkles with a blue frosting swirl.

J

jp*81

I love Mint-N-Chip (the green kind) and Rocky Road ice cream. But Rita's cherry ice is the best summer treat I have ever had. The black raspberry chip ice cream sounds delicious.

We made vanilla ice cream on July 4th and then made coconut ice cream a couple of days later. The coconut might be my new favorite. I love it all!lol

TommySalieri

A-List Customer
Absinthe_1900 said:
Blue Bell makes really good Ice Cream, after people outside of Texas discoved this regional brand, they started to Fed-Ex it all over the country.
http://www.bluebell.com/

Did I say, "Blue Belt"? lol This is the ice cream I was referring to.

During my vacation in Texas, Absinthe, I had 3 pints and a double scoop cone of Blue Bell. It's the best ice cream I have ever tasted. My only beef with it is that it melts way too fast.

ITG

Call Me a Cab
Well, Blue Bell is made in the Bible Belt. LOL! I love Blue Bell and want to visit their dairy here in Texas. Their Homemade Vanilla flavor is one of the best vanillas I've tasted. Oh I may have to make a run to the grocery store in a little bit.

Strider

One of the Regulars
This illustrates my choice quite well.

I Love Rocky Road
Sung (apologetically) to the tune of "I Love Rock n' Roll"

I hear those ice cream bells and I start to drool.
Keep a couple quarts in my locker at school.
Yeah, but chocolate's gettin old.
Vanilla just leaves me cold.

There's just one flavor good enough for me, yeah me.
Just lock me in the freezer and throw away the key!

Singin' I love rocky road!
So won't you go buy half a gallon, baby?
I love rocky road, so have another triple scoop with me!
OWW!

ITG

Call Me a Cab
The Blue Bell Cow was calling for me. I went to Kroger and picked up BB's lowfat The Great Divide: one half of the carton is Homemade Vanilla, the other half is double dutch chocolate. I chose wisely!

G. Fink-Nottle

One of the Regulars
I've had ice cream on the brain since I first read this thread. Today, I drove to a Baskin Robbins and, for the first time in about 20 years, had a hot fudge sundae with French Vanilla.

Now, I just need to find a local source for raspberry chocolate chip.

TommySalieri

A-List Customer
ITG said:
The Blue Bell Cow was calling for me. I went to Kroger and picked up BB's lowfat The Great Divide: one half of the carton is Homemade Vanilla, the other half is double dutch chocolate. I chose wisely!

Hey, ITG. Pick me up a pint of vanilla strawberry and I'll love you forever. lol

Dairy Queen is good when you're on the run or low on cash.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff