Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Your alter Golden-age ego?

Hercule

Practically Family
With what golden-age movie (can be real-life too I suppose) personality, character or persona do you most identify or aspire to? Do you see yourself as a modern day Bogey/Rick or a Bergman/Ilsa perhaps? Do tell...

H

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
JEAN HARLOW!!

4571743143_aa4d7c5622_z.jpg

All I need is the face, the body, and the persona and I'm there!! lol

bunnyb.gal

Practically Family
Jean Arthur - mostly her real-life personality, but with quite a bit of the onscreen screwball comedy dame on top.
If only I were that gorgeous and had that great voice [huh]...

VitaminG

One of the Regulars
Mahagonny Bill said:
I would like to think I'm...
RobertMitchum20.jpg

Robert Mitchum

But I'm probably much closer to...
Billy%20Gilbert.jpg

Billy Gilbert
lol lol :eusa_clap
very good :)

I can identify with that. I probably carry myself like I think I'm Mitchum. Certainly don't look like him though ;)

I second this one Pilgrim! I always tell people I'm the only John Wayne left in this town :) John Wayne was always one of my heroes, just rough and tough and not about to take crap from nobody!

jamespowers said:
John Wayne:
"I haven't lost my temper in forty years, but pilgrim you caused a lot of trouble this morning, might have got somebody killed... and somebody oughta belt you in the mouth. But I won't... I won't... The *hell* I won't!" [belts man in the mouth]:D (McLintock)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn