Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Your favorite Hot Dog Stand?

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Mmmmmm....?

Guys..."What's a HOT DOG?"

(Sometimes one of my Schnauzers struts around thinking he's God's Gift to the local female canine population! Does that make HIM a HOT DOG?[huh] So the only Hot Dog stand near me is where Ross and Harry stand watch by the farmhouse gate watching the gals go by...my oh my!!)

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
PADDY said:
Guys..."What's a HOT DOG?"
BlogShots2%20255.jpg

A Wiener's Circle char-dog.:essen:

BlogShots2%20240.jpg

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Right...!!! a sausage in a bap.

Ahhhh!! so...It's a reconstituted meaty, gristily sausage in a bap.[huh] Looking at it, it's just not the sort of thing that I would personally rush out and buy. But, horses for courses I guess :)

(thanks for posting the visuals :) )

HadleyH

I'll Lock Up
PADDY said:
(Sometimes one of my Schnauzers struts around thinking he's God's Gift to the local female canine population! Does that make HIM a HOT DOG?[huh]

No,Ross is not a hot-dog

Ross is a hot-doggie

(two completly and totally different things...;) ...:D :D

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
PADDY said:
Ahhhh!! so...It's a reconstituted meaty, gristily sausage in a bap.[huh] Looking at it, it's just not the sort of thing that I would personally rush out and buy. But, horses for courses I guess :)
It's an American thing [huh] ........Mom, apple pie, baseball, hot dogs, ..............

Jack Scorpion

One Too Many
In Chicago ... well, suburbland, Skokie, Glenview, etc ... we used to go to Hot Dog Island a lot. My dad swore by the joint. But then they moved and supposedly quality dropped.

Nowadays in Chi, we just stop at Portillo's. And now there is a Portillo's in Buena Park, OC, California -- not that I make the drive very often.

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
For me Nathan's, with a little ketchup and lots of kraut, no question. They're good when you make them at home but better from a shop, especially in NYC.

'Course corn dogs from the Minnesota State Fair are a close second. Yum.

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
Bean Bag Hot Dog Stand

I discovered this nice little place last month on vacation. It's located just off exit 104 on Route 17, near Monticello NY. Great little place, celebrating 50 years of great dogs!
Beanbag.jpg

P.S. Dinerman: How's come you don't gots a link to a Dinerman website with all your favorite diners listed, so's we can avail ourselves of your experience and expertise??? Huh? How come???
P.P.S. Everybody, please, let's not remind ourselves of what actually goes into those deliciously mysterious meals on a bun!

DOUGLAS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
When I used to visit Los Angeles often there was a hot dog stand called the Wurst in Westwood. I think I went there almost daily.
Here is the city there is a stand/ cart on the corner of 5th ave and 54th street. Hallo Berlin is the name. I could eat there for the rest of my life.

Barry

Practically Family
Half-Smokes are popular in DC. They are a local sausage (from Maryland, I think). I'm not sure how many you get to a pound but they are smokey and spicey. I don't eat them all that often as they are pretty high in fat. Ben's is the best place to go if you are ever in the mood to try one. I might just go this weekend.

chili.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats